Cargo Sliding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depending on how large your items are the bed extender can be flipped in to create a divider. Most of my stuff will usually fit in this area.

Attachments

• bed extender.jpeg
    bed extender.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 8

hitekcm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 22 Longhorn limited and soon as I got it I ordered a OEM bed liner from dodge for my 2500 Ram. It is a thick rubber material is cut to fit both bed and tailgate also comes with Velcro backing to secure it to the bed and tailgate. Easy on the knees and nothing slides around.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ratcheting cargo bar. I always keep one in the back seat. Great for securing cargo against the front of the bed or the tailgate. Get one at Harbor Freight or any auto parts store. They're very handy.

I had a RCSB Ram 1500 with a camper shell for a few years. Always kept three plastic totes in the bed, secured up against the tailgate by the cargo bar. They were more than enough space to hold tools, bags, groceries, etc. If I needed to haul something bigger stack them one inside the other and slide them out of the way.

shopping (1).jpeg

Lockie5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Ok so we pay for Rhino liner, then are supposed to carpet, rubber mat, interlock custom cut flooring over it???
Good ole ratchet bar, ratchet straps or bungy cords. It’s a freakin truck!!

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Two words... Bed Slider! I am disabled and it is a Godsend. Nothing moves and you can pull it out, so you do not have to kill yourself leaning over. We use it to donate food to the humane society. It will hold a ton and yes it will.
That's pretty cool. I like it.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Ok so we pay for Rhino liner, then are supposed to carpet, rubber mat, interlock custom cut flooring over it???
Good ole ratchet bar, ratchet straps or bungy cords. It’s a freakin truck!!
I hear ya, but I got tired of having some of the things I carried in the bed of my truck get all effed up from the nonskid bed liner surface. It was destroying some of my cargo. BedRug works great for me to protect that. 100% not worried about the spray-in bed liner being damaged - that's not why I put a BedRug in.

Lockie5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
I get it but I hate covering up something that cost good money. Each their own, I don’t haul much expensive stuff in back

ALScott

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One more on the Bedrug. Best solution doesn't let stuff slide like crazy but lets it slide better than rubber for easier loading and unloading. Doesn't destroy some finishes like spray in liners either.

Matt2221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always use a bungy or strap to tie. Things down. You never know when something might blow out or be thrust out in an accident. It could turn into a missle. Not worth taking that chance in my opinion.

Weebear

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I had the same issue with my OEM spray-in bedliner (Bed Utility Group). I got a Rough Country bed mat and it was great:

This may sound like a stupid question - for those that use the Rough Country (or like) rubber mat and do NOT have a tonneau cover, will this mat blow up when driving at highway speeds if nothing is on top of it? I like the idea but don't want to chance something like this blowing up and out of the bed at high speeds. Nor do I want to have to take it in and out all the time.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
These work well truXedo Expedition Bed Organizer/Cargo Sling you can get it on Amazon for a round $188.00 CAD
and it fits under my hard trifold tonneau cover

brian42

Military
Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question - for those that use the Rough Country (or like) rubber mat and do NOT have a tonneau cover, will this mat blow up when driving at highway speeds if nothing is on top of it? I like the idea but don't want to chance something like this blowing up and out of the bed at high speeds. Nor do I want to have to take it in and out all the time.
The Rough Country has some weight to it (30+ lbs). Plus it lays flat on the bed so no issue with the ends curling or the mat blowing out of the bed.

I had the bed mat for a few months before I got a soft tri-fold tonneau and no issues at all with the mat in an empty bed at freeway speeds (or slightly above ;)).

I have also driven on the freeway with the bed mat (empty bed), no tonneau, and the tailgate down - no issues.

OP
OP
F

FtWorthRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys, thanks for all the good ideas and suggestions! I just got my Bak tri-fold cover installed, and I think I'll put down a bedrug, or some sort of carpeted mat with rubber backing.

NASCAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7L Turbo
Probably 30 years ago I went to a store that sold ranch supplies and for $19 purchased a 4’ x 6’ livestock matt. May cost $50 now but you only buy them once. I have used it in 7 pickups and can’t wear it out. It can be cut with a roof shingle knife to fit the length of your bed. It’s about 3/4” thick and lasts forever.

skates15

Reaction score
I have a bed rug and looking to add Last Boks from amazon so that my wife can slide it out to the tailgate, load up and slide it back in rather than reaching in from the tailgate to load. Its horribly priced tho, so I may look to fashion something since its just a plastic box with tie downs.