"What DON'T you like about your 5th Gen RAM"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And you and him are contributing to that….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: Shore thing corny, shore thing.

To add to the conversation, I've had the dial for a while now and don't mind it. Also liked my 2011 with the floor shifter as well quite a bit though!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: Shore thing corny, shore thing.

To add to the conversation, I've had the dial for a while now and don't mind it. Also liked my 2011 with the floor shifter as well quite a bit though!
Yep, I don't knock the dial shifter, just like the console better and wish they still gave me a choice. Guess I'll be keeping what I have!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, I don't knock the dial shifter, just like the console better and wish they still gave me a choice. Guess I'll be keeping what I have!

Completely agree, would just be nice to be able to choose. They both have their pros and cons, the dial does open up some more storage space, however, I don't keep anything critical there that I couldn't just put in the console. Also, when I went from my floor shifter to the dial, the consolation was getting the 8 speed out of it. What would be really nice, would be to have the choice of the floor shift with the ZF trans. Well I guess we could always buy a TRX if we want that. :happy160:

I feel the same way about EV's, I don't have a problem with others driving them, I just don't want to be forced into owning them personally and hope that gas remains an option for years to come.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Completely agree, would just be nice to be able to choose. They both have their pros and cons, the dial does open up some more storage space, however, I don't keep anything critical there that I couldn't just put in the console. Also, when I went from my floor shifter to the dial, the consolation was getting the 8 speed out of it. What would be really nice, would be to have the choice of the floor shift with the ZF trans. Well I guess we could always buy a TRX if we want that. :happy160:

I feel the same way about EV's, I don't have a problem with others driving them, I just don't want to be forced into owning them personally and hope that gas remains an option for years to come.
Couldn't have said either one better!

AlexC2350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Way too small of gas tank on the 6.4 and no available auto dim tow mirrors. Other than that though it beats the helm out of the rest of them

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Real men like real shifters.;) Dials are for girly men.;)

Too bad no American market full size pickup trucks have been available with them for umpteen years...

Last one I owned was a '76. OK, I know - they made them later than that. Our company had an '88 with a stick. When (and why?!!*) did they stop?

*You can (or could recently) get a Charger/Challenger with a 6-speed, so it's not not they don't have a tranny available that can handle the torque. Likewise on the other side of the fence, I know that GM has 6-speeds available in a couple of their cars, and certainly Phord does. Is it just that the big three are marketing to the masses, who think of pickups as "cars"?

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looks cool. But what a waste of space. Me center console is always full full of stuff that I don't want to have to park and dig out of some remote location.
For me there is only 2 of us which is perfect. It holds anything I need. Works for me, the owner!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Too bad no American market full size pickup trucks have been available with them for umpteen years...

Last one I owned was a '76. OK, I know - they made them later than that. Our company had an '88 with a stick. When (and why?!!*) did they stop?

*You can (or could recently) get a Charger/Challenger with a 6-speed, so it's not not they don't have a tranny available that can handle the torque. Likewise on the other side of the fence, I know that GM has 6-speeds available in a couple of their cars, and certainly Phord does. Is it just that the big three are marketing to the masses, who think of pickups as "cars"?
Only the Challenger has the 6 spd option. Sadly Dodge did not design the Charger to have that option. Makes me sad as I really wanted a Hemi and a 6 spd in mine.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I cut my teeth learning how to drive a 94 3500 diesel Chevy crew cab with a flatbed 5 spd truck. Loved the Low range first gear option. No need for feathering the clutch. Truck was gutless, but that 90s GM a/c was amazing! That’s also something I miss. R12 refrigerant. Many it would freeze you out.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I cut my teeth learning how to drive a 94 3500 diesel Chevy crew cab with a flatbed 5 spd truck. Loved the Low range first gear option. No need for feathering the clutch. Truck was gutless, but that 90s GM a/c was amazing! That’s also something I miss. R12 refrigerant. Many it would freeze you out.
I learned on a 68 Road Runner 4speed, automatic transmissions has never been interesting to me. It's just the only choice I have most of the time now. I enjoy driving a car, not just going from point A to point B. Don't need a car making my decisions! I know how to drive and know how I want to drive!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Looks cool. But what a waste of space. Me center console is always full full of stuff that I don't want to have to park and dig out of some remote location.
Thanks, I like the looks of them and I can and do prevent junking the space up!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Same here. There’s a charging port in mine and I keep all sorts of stuff in there and even have a roll-up cover over mine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I learned on a 68 Road Runner 4speed, automatic transmissions has never been interesting to me. It's just the only choice I have most of the time now. I enjoy driving a car, not just going from point A to point B. Don't need a car making my decisions! I know how to drive and know how I want to drive!

I was always the same way as well. After I got past my first mustang gt 90 AOD car, I never went back. I just prefer to be in total control of a car. Did you grow up in the muscle car era or the mid to late 70s? My dad talks about what all cars or trucks people drove to his High school. If it was anything like dazed and confused it would be a great time to have lived.