What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2017 Ram Black Express Regular Cab Hemi. Love the Hemi, hate the headlights. Man are those headlights weak!

Was just thinking that today. Nice username by the way [emoji12]

I’m a nerd at heart

bf14f2145d297db23e24746b24ebfe72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Ive only had my new 1500 Laramie for a couple of weeks... BUT.... there is a couple of things that could have been thought about a bit more...

Why are the USB plugs in the console that lifts up? When using Car Play you have to have the phones plugged in, and so when you lift the console, it's a pain. The USB ports should have been directly below the phones. That would have made sense.

Another is only 1 12v port, and it's also in the middle. Why not have one or more mounted on the actual dash up front, maybe on the passenger side etc.

AND... The park brake sucks! Down here in Australia it is right up against the door on the right side. This means I have to take my right foot off the brake to engage the park brake. So I have to swap to my left foot, and the use my right foot to push the pedal - BUT - as it's right next to the door, by boot scrapes the speaker in the door. This is a crazy situation down here.

And lastly the Antenna - OMG! It's 2018 and that's the best Dodge can do - and no Digital Audio either. :(

Other than that, I am really pleased with the rest of the truck so far. Time will tell. :)

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ive only had my new 1500 Laramie for a couple of weeks... BUT.... there is a couple of things that could have been thought about a bit more...

Why are the USB plugs in the console that lifts up? When using Car Play you have to have the phones plugged in, and so when you lift the console, it's a pain. The USB ports should have been directly below the phones. That would have made sense.

Another is only 1 12v port, and it's also in the middle. Why not have one or more mounted on the actual dash up front, maybe on the passenger side etc.

AND... The park brake sucks! Down here in Australia it is right up against the door on the right side. This means I have to take my right foot off the brake to engage the park brake. So I have to swap to my left foot, and the use my right foot to push the pedal - BUT - as it's right next to the door, by boot scrapes the speaker in the door. This is a crazy situation down here.

And lastly the Antenna - OMG! It's 2018 and that's the best Dodge can do - and no Digital Audio either. :(

Other than that, I am really pleased with the rest of the truck so far. Time will tell. :)

And now we know why we have the steering wheel on the left side ! Lol

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sir is the greatest Canadian License Plate ever!

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's like I'm looking into a mirror hahaha!!!!!!!

jouart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I wish the cruise controls were on the left. Or a way to swap them.

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Post some pics !

Here’s my baby.

94faba22aaeb31c5641677a4eea151a5.jpg

5b420a90c71dc9bdb09771e89d29e641.jpgba9fbc5c88b6d65df52a2a7e4b0fcb78.jpg

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
LOL sometimes that shifter reminds me of my 62 Dodge with the push button transmission. had a bar underneath to slide to put it in park. Once in a while when pushing the button for reverse the whole mechanism would fall out and just hang under the dash. What a pita that was. But it gave the thing character.....

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You mean on the right??

f8176f9bb22c70e897e9245a24eaa5f5.jpg

Omg, that just seems weird. On the positive side, you're close to the drink holder.

Driving on the 'wrong' (left) side of the road was a tough adjustment for me when I was in Australia and Japan. I even got into the passenger side expecting to drive away (like at home). Once I got used to it though... no problem.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
LOL sometimes that shifter reminds me of my 62 Dodge with the push button transmission. had a bar underneath to slide to put it in park. Once in a while when pushing the button for reverse the whole mechanism would fall out and just hang under the dash. What a pita that was. But it gave the thing character.....

I used to run demo derbys. Made the mistake of running an old Chrysler once. First hit and my shifter assembly was laying on the floor and I was done.

jouart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Omg, that just seems weird. On the positive side, you're close to the drink holder.

Driving on the 'wrong' (left) side of the road was a tough adjustment for me when I was in Australia and Japan. I even got into the passenger side expecting to drive away (like at home). Once I got used to it though... no problem.

Yes Thanks foe sharing

TJames

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You mean on the right??

f8176f9bb22c70e897e9245a24eaa5f5.jpg

Hey at least you have a dead pedal! Or at least it looks like you do.

(Sorry for the above post, I wrote a reply but for some reason it isn’t showing up.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441