What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Just got back from an approximate 3k mile trip, and I hate it when you turn the 8.4 Uconnect screen off, and the backlighting in the screen stays on. Basically, it becomes a lighted blank screen. When my eyes start getting tired late at night, I like to reduce lights inside the truck to reduce glare and eye strain. Unfortunately, Uconnect won't really shut off.

It would be weird if the lights stayed on in you TV when it is turned off right? Try sleeping with your cable or DirectTV box off, but with TV still on. There's no picture but it still lights up the room. My Uconnect is the same.

TxStyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Lack of ApplePlay on my 2017 1500 Longhorn. I get a lot of rental cars when I travel on business and almost all of them have it all the way down to the el cheapo bottom of the model line domestic boxes. For something as technically cool as the 8.4 (IMHO) I can't believe it doesn't have full CarPlay integration.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Lack of ApplePlay on my 2017 1500 Longhorn. I get a lot of rental cars when I travel on business and almost all of them have it all the way down to the el cheapo bottom of the model line domestic boxes. For something as technically cool as the 8.4 (IMHO) I can't believe it doesn't have full CarPlay integration.
You're in luck!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=116140&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Ktulu990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IDK if it's just me but my right elbow hurts after a while on the center console (stupid and minor but it was the first thing that came to mind).

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
2500:

Bit of a rattle with MDS (goes away using manual gear select).

Other rattle in general (supposedly Hemi tick, no broken exhaust bolts).

How easy the paint seems to pick up little nicks after only a year, vs. how well my '99 held up over years.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
2500:

How easy the paint seems to pick up little nicks after only a year, vs. how well my '99 held up over years.
You have the lifter tick in your 6.4L? I thought that was a 5.7L issue only.

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
You have the lifter tick in your 6.4L? I thought that was a 5.7L issue only.

The one I have I can hear in other YouTube videos with the 6.4Ls so whatever it is it's certainly not limited to mine. Kind of a good news/bad news tidbit, but it is what it is. Some days it's barely there, others it's loud enough I don't like going through drive throughs or along main roads on base. And of course the dealer says there's nothing unusual.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Some days I swear my 3.6L has the lifter tick too...it's even more annoying because the truck is so quiet!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The one I have I can hear in other YouTube videos with the 6.4Ls so whatever it is it's certainly not limited to mine. Kind of a good news/bad news tidbit, but it is what it is. Some days it's barely there, others it's loud enough I don't like going through drive throughs or along main roads on base. And of course the dealer says there's nothing unusual.

The tick is most prevalent in drive through. The hemi tick has been around since 2003, so in a way, your dealer isn't really wrong.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
From what I've heard the older pre 2009 Hemi's do it a lot more than the newer ones. I haven't experienced any abnormalities on my gen 3 5.7, 6.4, 6.4 SRTs. I don't know. Seems some say they have better luck with specific oils. I've also heard the Aces IV formula helps. I have been thinking of trying a bottle on my Charger for the heck of it but just haven't pulled the trigger.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
2500:

I’m with ya on the paint. It’s brutal how easy it scratches and chips. Mine is the brilliant black and it shows everything

As for the tick. I can only go from my experience in a 5.7. I switched to their synthetic and it’s pretty much stopped. Not saying it’s a cure or whatever and I don’t wanna start an oil debate. Those suck lol. But that’s what I’ve experienced. My 2016 with 3.6 also got fed their synthetic and quiet also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2500:

You could look at the synthetic oil thread and see what some folk with the 6.4 are doing for the tick. Might help.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had a 2008 Hemi before I bought the 2015, I put 146,000 miles on that truck without any trouble at all.
I ran Valvoline conventional oil in it with a 4000 mile service interval.

I now have 110,000 miles on my 2015 Hemi without any trouble at all.
I run Valvoline conventional oil in this truck as well with a 4000 mile service interval.

I agree that oil threads suck and I generally won't post anything oil related...But I will say that neither of my trucks has ever had the "Hemi Tick".

Michael Cole

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Antenna... seems like everyone wants to remove them for a stubby that are not very good. Ram, its almost 2019 put them in the windshield. Also the washer spray tabs in the hood. Other then that I love my new ( to me ) Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi crew cab. Oh yea, the front tag mount holder, black on a chrome bumper. Has anyone ever chrome paint sprayed it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441