What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate auto-locking doors. One of the first things I turned off, so I have no idea how consistent it is or isn't.

Just curious but why do you dislike them? I dont think I’ll have to worry about any car jackings around here where I live but I do go up to Oklahoma City and down to Dallas quite a bit so its nice having them automatically lock.

The one thing I dont like is how only the driver door unlocks first unless you program it to unlock all four at the first press of the button or grab of the handle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just curious but why do you dislike them? I dont think I’ll have to worry about any car jackings around here where I live but I do go up to Oklahoma City and down to Dallas quite a bit so its nice having them automatically lock.

The one thing I dont like is how only the driver door unlocks first unless you program it to unlock all four at the first press of the button or grab of the handle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
That's a driver selectable option in the radio settings (all doors or driver only). The reasoning could be the same as having them autolock when getting under way. You can be car jacked from the passenger seats just as easily as from the driver's seat (if not more easily).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
  • It's entirely unnecessary.

• I guess it could be but since when did we start letting necessity judge what we do/have?
    [*]A waste of electrons.
    Didn’t know there was a shortage.
    [*]Premature wear on an item.
    This, I actually agree with but with all the vehicles I’ve had that’s had rolling door locks, I’ve never had a door lock actuator go bad.
    [*]I don't like the sound.
    Hmm....
    [*]I don't need a nanny.
How is that the same as a nanny?

If/when I'm in an area (for instance NYC) I manually lock them.
No need to manually lock mine. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How is that the same as a nanny?

nan·ny
/ˈnanē/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person, typically a woman, employed to care for a child in its own home.

verb
  1. be overprotective toward.
IOW, I don't need someone to lock the doors for me. If I think they need to be locked, I will lock them! Kinda a like stepping on the gas, and why I will never get a self-driving car unless it becomes a requirement to get from A to B without public transportation.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
After reading some of these responses I think some people should lock their doors to protect the public from the driver. :mad:
Jay

Sorry, but as far as I know, the doors are always unlocked from the inside. Unless you are in the back and child lock is engaged.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I LOVE the auto lock feature myself.

Everyone to their own opinion, said the old lady as she kissed the cow.

On a more serious note, I am very glad for the amount of user customization there is, to accommodate both factions. I wouldn't mind a bit more, but think about a 1960 vehicle - I doubt there was a single feature that could be user-selected as to how it worked. I don't think they even had delay wipers then, did they?

ILLXJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate auto-locking doors. One of the first things I turned off, so I have no idea how consistent it is or isn't.

Somebody must have turned mine off. My 06 Chevy was either in drive or at a certain speed, but couldn't be shut off.

JIM.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be nice to be able to lock / unlock all doors EXCEPT the tailgate.

But why, though? I like that they made it that way. Takes out the guess work of making sure my tailgate’s locked when I park and I don’t have to rely on one of those funky aftermarket gadgets to secure my tailgate from theft if I ever forget to lock the gate. But I guess it works out for me because I have a hard roll-up tonneau cover over my bed and I keep my tools and my tie-down straps in another container in there so, knowing that my tailgate’s locked every time I lock the truck is important for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Premium cluster - always shows odo. But only in whole miles - have to have it on Trip A or B to show 10ths. My son's '13 has a menu option to show 10ths on the odo but I can't find anything in mine.
Yeah it will. When cruise is active you don't really lose any information.

Thanks for the replies and info.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, and an option for Locking - an additional checkbox for "Have beer assistant meet me at the door with a frosty one".

My beer assistants are my kids. At any point in time if they hear a "beer assistant!" scream, they are ON THE BALL running to the fridge for me.

I have trained them well :)

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone to their own opinion, said the old lady as she kissed the cow.

On a more serious note, I am very glad for the amount of user customization there is, to accommodate both factions. I wouldn't mind a bit more, but think about a 1960 vehicle - I doubt there was a single feature that could be user-selected as to how it worked. I don't think they even had delay wipers then, did they?
I agree.
I LOVE auto lock feature!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500