What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekholmgren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a guy with a '14 Diesel tell me he had the same thing and he installed a tune that fixed that, among other things. Anyone else have that issue?

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
What are some of the least things you like about your 4th generation Ram? (This isn't a knock on the truck at all. I LOVE my Ram and this is my second brand new Ram in 10 years.)
I guess I'll go first.
I don't really like the windshield washer nozzles on the hood. I like the way they were on my 3rd gen Daytona. The other thing I'm not too crazy about is the way the MDS comes on/engages. Don't like the "drone" I guess you call it. These aren't real issues for me, just wanted to see what others have to share.

the monthly payments...I like mine for the most part. I got what I could afford. Considering my last 2 trucks were a 92 Mazda B2200 then a 04 Frontier I really cant complain. Hope this one lasts as long as the other 2 did for me

Last edited:
OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a TSB/flash for that.

I think we share the same transmission as the Jeep SRT, correct? If that is the case,....the TSB/Flash works and it doesn't. Sometimes it comes back as it was to begin with and sometimes it just "softens" the clunk.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think we share the same transmission as the Jeep SRT, correct? If that is the case,....the TSB/Flash works and it doesn't. Sometimes it comes back as it was to begin with and sometimes it just "softens" the clunk.
The flash I had performed has "almost" eliminated it completely. It only works for 3.6L engines and changes the downshift to first to 0.0 mph...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For 4th gen 1500:

1) Could be lighter
2) No rear locker option
3) limited aftermarket support
4) crappy stereo

Other than that I like it a lot.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
hmmmmmm with my particular model it should have left the factory lowered 2/4 and the shifter should be still were it was on the 12's. Other than that mine was built on a Wed right after lunch as everything is perfect ie paint/interior etc.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cruise control should come standard on all new 4th gen trucks.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Seriously they don't all come with cruise control?

I don't think Tradesman or ST have it. Need to elect popular options group with those trim packages. My '11 is an ST and only has cruise and power windows because it has popular options group.

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Headlights are not what they should be and I hate the tow mirrors very hard to see anything, especially in the right one. If I could, I would swap them into same size but without that stupid dead angle mirror.that's why I can't see nothing. Talked to others, they say the same. Other than that I'm 100% happy.

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not a huge fan of the tailgate locking every time I lock the doors. Most of the time I don't need it locked, so that loud clunk everytime I'm walking away/toward the truck and hit the button makes me cringe. But that's pretty minor, overall I'm very pleased.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
The payload. Look at an ecodiesel limited, barely over 1k for payload. Hope they beef it up for the redesign!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk