What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only complaint I have is the short bed. Had to rush to replace my totaled truck. Otherwise I would have held out and tried to find a longer bed crew cab. Other than that I love my new rig.

Your dealer couldn’t find you one from a neighboring city? Or well, being that this is in the, “things I wanna ***** about my 4th-gen” thread, I take it you got a new body-style 19? Which, if that’s the case, if a longer, 6-4 bed was a must, I wouldn’t have gotten a new body style because they never made longer beds for those. And as a matter of fact, they still don’t from what I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your dealer couldn’t find you one from a neighboring city? Or well, being that this is in the, “things I wanna ***** about my 4th-gen” thread, I take it you got a new body-style 19? Which, if that’s the case, if a longer, 6-4 bed was a must, I wouldn’t have gotten a new body style because they never made longer beds for those. And as a matter of fact, they still don’t from what I was told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Says in his profile he has the 2019 classic so he's got the 4th gen...either way they still make the 5th gens with the 6-4 bed. I think they are just similar to the 3.92's, certain dealers ordered them so some area's may have them, but most area's do not and they are much harder to find. They are definitely out there though, I've seen them for sale (in crew cabs) and you can order them that way (confirmed the 2020's still have that option on the ram build website).

Now if we were talking about a real long bed (8') on the 1500's, then I agree with you, not available and hasn't been for a while.

Edit: Aside from the rebel, for whatever reason you can't get that with the 6-4 bed. All other trims though you can get the 6-4.

Last edited:

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya, my local dealer that I bought my totaled truck through was lazy. I started searching immediately after my accident and even advised my dealer of what I was looking for. Got to the point where insurance finally totaled it out and gave me 5 days in the rental to find a new rig. Unfortunately due to my work schedule that gave me a 2 day weekend where I drove to several dealerships looking. Ended up buying a little over an hour north of where I live. Don't get me wrong, the truck is still great. Way more to offer than my 2015. The shorter bed is literally the only thing I would fix about it. If I had the time, I definitely would have ordered the 6'4'' bed. This is my 3rd Ram now. All have been reliable.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm....

http://tinyurl.com/vh6rzkn

(Unless you meant you can't get a Crew Cab Rebel with a 6'4" box.

Yes sorry, should have been more specific in that you can't get the crew cab rebel with the longer box, but can get the quad cab with it. Otherwise, all other trim levels you can still get a crew cab with the 6'4" bed.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine shows the names for all that are in my contact list. I have a 2018 Long Horn

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have the 40/20/40 bench and the stupid chrome center console handle seems to catch every bit of light coming through the windshield. At first I thought it was funny how many people complain about that tiny piece of chrome but holy hell is it annoying. Yeah, its getting Plastidipped.

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not many complaints but here is a few:

The doors spring back too easy after opening, resulting in a few charlie horses.

I have a spring sound in the wheel when turning the wheel fast. Dealership said they could not find an issue.

If i start the motor to move my truck and then shut it down, the next time i crank it i get a lifter tick for about 3-5 seconds. This makes me worry about the longevity of the motor.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If i start the motor to move my truck and then shut it down, the next time i crank it i get a lifter tick for about 3-5 seconds. This makes me worry about the longevity of the motor.

Are you just firing it up and moving it without at least letting it idle down first?

As far as the engine longevity concern from a tick you think is associated with that practice, the best you can do is run a good quality full synthetic oil and don’t wait to nearly 9, 10,000 miles to change it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hate when you pull the seat back forward to put stuff behind the seat (single cab), the seat back doesn't go back to where it was.

I hate no express up front windows, only express down (again single cab).

I hate no telescopic steering wheel.

I hate that almost all of the **** is there for remote start, but not quite all of it. It should just have it.

I hate the old school antenna. Mine has XM radio, so there is no excuse. I painted mine black.

That said, I generally love the truck.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The first thing I did on mine was taking out the rear headrests. Those suckers are huge and block way too much of the rear window for my liking. With the kids car seat and the headrests in I could barely see anything out of it.
Agreed, mine live in my Rambox...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually thought about taking my rear headrests out as well but since the only time where they get in the way of my sight, is when I’m backing out of a diagonal parking space on a city street. Since I very rarely once in a blue moon ever have to park that way, I leave mine in because they’re leather, and because I just use my mirrors and that tailgate camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first thing I did on mine was taking out the rear headrests. Those suckers are huge and block way too much of the rear window for my liking. With the kids car seat and the headrests in I could barely see anything out of it.

I not only took mine out, but I swapped one of the backs onto the driver's seat so I could actually tilt my head back some.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I not only took mine out, but I swapped one of the backs onto the driver's seat so I could actually tilt my head back some.

Hmm. I actually kind of like that my headrests don’t let my head lean too far back and that it keeps me from starting at the headliner, like other crappy- in my opinion, headrests I’ve had experience with before, have done. Oh well, diff’ernt strokes for diff’ernt folks, I guess.

But I guess I’ve just never noticed otherwise, I thought the rear headrests were virtually the same size as the front ones. Glad it works out for ya, though. But since there is probably a noticeable difference in size, did you not change out the front passenger one as well just so they match?

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a great idea! Looks like I've got something to do now.

The tow mirrors are great but I still like the peace of mind of being able to see as much as I can out of the rear window when changing lanes.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a great idea! Looks like I've got something to do now.

The tow mirrors are great but I still like the peace of mind of being able to see as much as I can out of the rear window when changing lanes.

Hmm, I figured for whenever in doubt, just turn your head and look through the driver side rear passenger window....

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm, I figured for whenever in doubt, just turn your head and look through the driver side rear passenger window....

That works too. I usually drive my work beater Pontiac g5 and dont drive the ram that often so when I do drive it I feel like I'm in a tank. I guess I just try being as cautious as I can since I'm not to used to driving it.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That works too. I usually drive my work beater Pontiac g5 and dont drive the ram that often so when I do drive it I feel like I'm in a tank. I guess I just try being as cautious as I can since I'm not to used to driving it.

I hear ya. I guess I just figured the view from my rear passenger window would tell me who’s at my side rather than what my view through the back glass would be telling me who’s far enough back there if their camped out in the left lane.

In other words, if I look through my back glass and see a car, I’m not necessarily worried about that one but if I see a car through the view of my rear passenger window on my side- that one, I am worried about…[emoji41]

miguelito_az

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have had the truck for a month so far. Here's my list of dislikes.

• Halogen bulbs in projectors, light out put is horrendous. Going to throw in an HID kit from DDM
  • Hyper-sensitive power seat controls, the 3 times I've cleaned the interior on the truck I've grazed the switch wiping it down and messed up the seat position
  • The lack of underhood light and glove box light. I added the glove box light, was going to add the underhood light but the body side harness wasn't there.
Other than just those small nit picks. I absolutely adore this truck, no regrets going from my Fiesta ST

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca