What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Bought a new Tradesman in 2018 and now have 49k miles and not a single problem and love everything about the truck except for a couple of things. I hate black carpeting it is so hard to keep clean and I wish it had a tailgate open indicator light. I have a rolling cover and am getting tools out of it all the time and once drove off with the tailgate down and didn't know it and lost a box full of tools worth about 600 bucks!

RobertusvT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014 Big Horn. I really dislike the Halogen headlights and the obnoxious brake noise that the dealer says, "is normal"...

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Bought a new Tradesman in 2018 and now have 49k miles and not a single problem and love everything about the truck except for a couple of things. I hate black carpeting it is so hard to keep clean and I wish it had a tailgate open indicator light. I have a rolling cover and am getting tools out of it all the time and once drove off with the tailgate down and didn't know it and lost a box full of tools worth about 600 bucks!
Always a concern of mine as well. I use the rear camera if I’m not sure if I closed it or not. Thankfully that is an option while driving the highway.

jack67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish it had a tailgate open indicator light. I have a rolling cover and am getting tools out of it all the time and once drove off with the tailgate down and didn't know it and lost a box full of tools worth about 600 bucks!
Regardless if you have light or not back there, I bet that NEVER happens again.

As for me the only thing I hate is the recent recall where they made it so you couldn't back up if you had the door open. STUPID!
Maybe they did that for stupid people.

Smooth703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've only had mine a week and some change but so far the key fob takes some getting use to coming from a push start. Headlights have to be next need led's in there all I have for right now

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

As for me the only thing I hate is the recent recall where they made it so you couldn't back up if you had the door open. STUPID!
I think you still can if your seat belt is buckled.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Almost every law, policy, procedure, feature, etc is designed to address that problem.

Take a very simple one - speed limits. If everyone was sensible, there would be no need for speed limits. The 70 year old driver in the 80,000# 18 wheeler would be going down the curvy road at 35 MPH and the 30 year old F1 driver in the Porsche would be driving at 100 MPH.

But no, you have 17 year old new drivers in their parent's Impala trying to do 60 and end up off the road. So they make the limit 50 - too fast for a log truck driven by a guy past his prime and waaaay too slow for a guy in his prime driving a street legal race car. Makes no sense, but that's what happens when you have to make a one-size-fits-all law.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So uh, have you always hated black carpet because of this? If so, then why did you get it again?....lol.

Sorry you lost all them tools but, not everybody frowns on a tailgate left down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Big Horn. I really dislike the Halogen headlights and the obnoxious brake noise that the dealer says, "is normal"...

Have you tried better bulbs, or do you just hate the quad-headlights in general?

But about the brake noise- it probably is normal from the probably less-quality pads they use. My 18 does the same thing. But why ***** about it? Because a thread that somebody posted asked me? I’ll
Probably just put better pads on and be done with it.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No, they did it for lawsuit protection against idiots. That case that Chrysler had with that actor that got killed from his Jeep or whatever it was, ended up being a very expensive donation to that dude’s family.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is precisely why!

Lol, I guess. I was just asking when it’s so easy to just correct or modify whatever it is you don’t like.
Looks like you answered your own question!
Egh, not really. If it was that easy, I wouldn’t have asked at all.

Why read a thread about people ******** if you don't want people to *****? :33:

Didn’t say I didn’t want people to *****, I just simply asked why.

But to furthermore answer your question, I read to sometimes help people but other times it’s just for a good laugh. Lol.

sirguynate503

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another one, the Warlock should have come with black tips. :)

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
I'm not a big fan of the rotary shifter. I with they still had the column shifter.

Same here...for a month when I first got it I was grasping at air trying to put it into drive. Plus the electronic (instead of mechanical) trany/brake safety feature sometimes gets a little stuck in no mans land for a second.

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
The U Connect blows it's a piece of s*** IMO, guessing mine got made on a hungover Monday

I still love my truck though wouldn't trade it for nothin as long as its driving down the road!

Agreed. I have the 3.0 Uconnect. POS. am reception sucks. Wonder if an after market would be better?

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
I have a fuel gauge/sensor issue. Gauge will go to empty when plenty of gas in tank.

Ebrake got stuck on one wheel causing sag and drag.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a fuel gauge/sensor issue. Gauge will go to empty when plenty of gas in tank.

Ebrake got stuck on one wheel causing sag and drag.
I had the same eBrake issue. Dealership wanted something like $1200 to fix it. I just don't use it to park with anymore...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk