What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Lol, warm your vehicle before you take off in it. Or better yet, leave your radio screen alone until your truck warns up, geesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're missing the point of the rant.
My wife's Cherokee has a similar touch screen and that works fine when wearing gloves but, for what ever reason, my Ram doesn't.
Not a big issue, but after dealing with it in my ram for a year and a half I was just surprised to realize that her Jeep had no such failing...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're missing the point of the rant.
My wife's Cherokee has a similar touch screen and that works fine when wearing gloves but, for what ever reason, my Ram doesn't.
Not a big issue, but after dealing with it in my ram for a year and a half I was just surprised to realize that her Jeep had no such failing...

You probably don’t but, do you have a screen protector on your Ram’s screen? That might be hindering your ability to press screen buttons with gloves on, I dunno. Are they at least the same radio?

But no, I get your point but bottom line, does your truck just absolutely take that long to warm up?? I mean, whatever the reason is of why you can work the screen in your Cherokee with gloves on and not in the Ram, the point still remains- is it still that absolutely necessary to dinker with your radio screen while your truck is still cold enough inside for you to feel like you need gloves? That’s all I’m saying.

But you also didn’t answer my question- are you not letting your truck warm up adequately before you take off in it??

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's actually a decent amount of space behind the seat. Enough to store an AR, shotgun maybe a bug out bag. This clip shows the MOD.

LINK

That is a cool mod, and I may actually try to do that someday just because it would make it so much easier to clean that back window, and actually make it easier to apply my leather conditioner to the backside of the headrests but you gotta put yourself in Ram shoes though.

If really the only space you got back there to store anything is a rifle, or something else that small of profile, that’s not enough of an incentive for ram to design that backseat to make it so that you can fold the seat back forward. I mean, if there was enough room to actually store something back there, they would’ve put a latch down on the bottom of the seat back like in a car, that you can pull up to release the back of the seat and allow it to come forward like they do in the mega cabs, because there’s actually enough room to store **** back there just like you could behind the seat of a regular standard cab.

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep my recovery strap snow brush and booster cables
all stuff you do not use often behind the seat
It is not a hard mod

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Nothing. I researched, test drove, researched more and waited for the 2020’s to fix the 2019’s issues and got just what I wanted down to the option.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep my recovery strap snow brush and booster cables
all stuff you do not use often behind the seat
It is not a hard mod
I guess that would be alright if I didn’t have a tonneau cover with a small toolbox and a tote back there under it with all that sorta stuff in it. But even with my large sub encloser below the rear seat, I still got plenty of room to stow my ice scraper/brush and emergency battery jump starter on the floor behind all that.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
You probably don’t but, do you have a screen protector on your Ram’s screen? That might be hindering your ability to press screen buttons with gloves on, I dunno. Are they at least the same radio?

But no, I get your point but bottom line, does your truck just absolutely take that long to warm up?? I mean, whatever the reason is of why you can work the screen in your Cherokee with gloves on and not in the Ram, the point still remains- is it still that absolutely necessary to dinker with your radio screen while your truck is still cold enough inside for you to feel like you need gloves? That’s all I’m saying.

But you also didn’t answer my question- are you not letting your truck warm up adequately before you take off in it??

I do let it warm up a minute or 2 but I usually have to scrape the frost or snow off it so I'm wearing gloves anyway( just mechanix gloves not ski gloves)
and for the 10 minute commute to work I just don't bother to pull them off.
Not much of an issue now that temps are finally hitting the 40s at night..
(I'm a 3rd shifter.)

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Clunking under passenger dash still cant find it unless I take whole dash off I guess.

Projector headlights absolutely suck my fohs are way better than the headlights

The blower for heat and a/c has never been strong as it hard to warm up inside on those real cold days

No cabin air filter

Tailgate (I installed kit for slow opening right away)

Had 3rd brake light leak also satellite antenna leak as it was loose also

Floor heat actuator never worked I'm waiting for replacement in mail at my cost because dealership could never find a problem

I am still getting a leak somewhere drivers side as it shows on my rubber floor mat when I get in.

Rusting at seams on back bed welds between cab and bed where those rubber wetherstrips are. I'm constantly trying to reach in there touching up paint. Even tho I get truck protected.

I took a peak inside rear wheel wheels between the outer and inner sheets of metal and rusting real bad 1 yr later yet truck is 5yrs old now.

Oh and the shifter on dash hate it. I'd rather have floor shifter

Still love my niw second ram and looking to get the 2021 or trx as my truck is paid off next week.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do let it warm up a minute or 2 but I usually have to scrape the frost or snow off it so I'm wearing gloves anyway( just mechanix gloves not ski gloves)
and for the 10 minute commute to work I just don't bother to pull them off.
Not much of an issue now that temps are finally hitting the 40s at night..
(I'm a 3rd shifter.)

I don’t know, you might not agree with me but if you’re still having to scrape ice, I would say that you’re not letting your truck warm up near enough.... and the only reason I say that is because back when I lived up in a pretty high elevation town in Colorado, it got every bit of cold up there as it did probably there in Iowa and I never had to scrape ice. Now, using a brush or a broom to sweep the snow off my windshield, yes… that, I had to do, but as far is actually scraping ice off my windshield, I very very rarely ever had to do because I always warmed my vehicle up for 10 minutes at least. Even before the days of having anything with remote start on it, I’d walk out there and start the truck and then go back in the house get ready and dressed to leave to go to work.

I guess I just always used to have this complex about riding in a cold ice box of a car, and only have this little hole in the windshield to see through so, I’ve always let my vehicles idle for at least 10 minutes before I take off but that’s just me.

And as far as your glove problem goes, I don’t know if they make them for men or not but at least in one point in my life, I have seen a winter type glove that right there on the end of the fingertip, had a piece of material that is supposedly touchscreen-friendly, that basically allows you to use your touchscreen phone with gloves on. Might want to look into that, might be all you need for what stands in between you messing with your radio with gloves on.

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Nice!!! Good for you!
A TRX would be very nice. :favorites13:

It would be but as long as fca doesn't over price it like it has lately for their vehicles. Love the pacifica but can't afford one lmao. Great for hauling stuff and kids etc for traveling. I fit more in my dads pacifica than my truck lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be but as long as fca doesn't over price it like it has lately for their vehicles. Love the pacifica but can't afford one lmao. Great for hauling stuff and kids etc for traveling. I fit more in my dads pacifica than my truck lol

I figured they were a little less in price compared to the competitors but as with everything, they’re all expensive. But that trx ain’t gonna cheap.

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
I figured they were a little less in price compared to the competitors but as with everything, they’re all expensive. But that trx ain’t gonna cheap.

It sure won't knowing fca probably $100,000 plus in canada or about $85000 usa.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It sure won't knowing fca probably $100,000 plus in canada or about $85000 usa.

Well, that truck’s got a lot going for it too. That 700 hp hellcat motor under the hood, what do you expect? Even back in 2003, or 2004, or whenever it was when they debuted that short cab short bed SRT 10 Ram, that came with a price tag of almost $55,000. Couldn’t even test drive it unless you were an absolute potential buyer.

reflexr42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can’t seem to find the right sight line. On my Durango there was a body line in the hood that if you lined it up with, say, where a parked cars tires met the ground, that would give you about 18 inches side clearance. Every car I have ever owned has had some kind of sight light for spacing on the right. I can’t seem to find it on the Ram. The base of the passenger wiper arm puts the car to close to the right. We have narrow, car lined streets where I live.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clunking under passenger dash still cant find it unless I take whole dash off I guess.
What kind of clunking?
Projector headlights absolutely suck my fohs are way better than the headlights
Are you still using the same ****** factory bulbs, or have you upgraded to something far better because if you haven’t, that would be plenty reason to still hate them.

The blower for heat and a/c has never been strong as it hard to warm up inside on those real cold days

No cabin air filter
Have you added the cabin filter? If not, that might be a good next mod to do. It ain’t hard. It just requires spending a few bucks on the kit and cutting out the opening where it goes. But I don’t know about for if it’s always been that way but if you still haven’t added the cabin filter, you might have a plugged evaporator. Or you could have or always had a bad fan resistor switch. I don’t know if they still do but years ago for the third gens you could buy a heavier duty fan resistor that supposedly made your fan turn faster. Might wanna look into that.

Tailgate (I installed kit for slow opening right away)
But you still hate it? I guess it’s probably just me but I would think that if you’ve already added the tailgate damper that you’d no longer hate it… LOL.

Had 3rd brake light leak also satellite antenna leak as it was loose also
Again, sounds like you’ve got these two problems fixed so how can you still hate it? I mean, on one hand I can still understand hating it regardless but on the other hand, if you’ve got that fixed then why would it still be worth mentioning as something that you hate?
Floor heat actuator never worked I’m waiting for replacement in mail at my cost because dealership could never find a problem
So if you’ve found, and are pretty sure that that’s the problem, why did the dealership not look into that and verify that’s the problem if you’re sure that’s what the problem is, and have them pay for the replacement? That doesn’t make sense to me.

I am still getting a leak somewhere drivers side as it shows on my rubber floor mat when I get in.
Can’t help you with that one unless you’ve just got a bad door gasket that’s letting water in or you may have a leak in your windshield adhesive.

Rusting at seams on back bed welds between cab and bed where those rubber wetherstrips are. I’m constantly trying to reach in there touching up paint. Even tho I get truck protected.

I took a peak inside rear wheel wheels between the outer and inner sheets of metal and rusting real bad 1 yr later yet truck is 5yrs old now.
There is a five year warranty on rust coverage.

Oh and the shifter on dash hate it. I’d rather have floor shifter
Might want to just try to stop hating it and try putting some more effort towards learning to use it because the more and longer you end up hating it, you’ll never get used to it to where you can be ok with it.

To be honest, I never really was quite happy with the rotary shifter in my truck right after I first bought it but, as I put as much effort as I could in the learning it and getting used to it, I actually like mine now. Even over the column shifter which I’ve always had, and most definitely over that ugly console shifter. That right there is just an argument over personal preference and quite frankly, I’m glad they did away with the console shifter and went with that.

Still love my niw second ram and looking to get the 2021 or trx as my truck is paid off next week.

Well at least with that one, you shouldn’t have to mess with the tailgate, it’ll already have a cabin filter, should have LEDs in the headlights considering what trim level you go with or have it special ordered, I think they finally got the leaky high-mount brake light gasket problem figured out but it’ll still have that rotary dial shifter, tho.

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Nope tailgate damper installed and much better.

Leak at front door I'm still investigating might just be door seal again.

I'm use to gear shifter now except when I hop in wife's jeep and crank radio lmao.

Headlights I've put in sylvania zxe that were so fn awsome in quad headlights. Than I brought right to dealership next day to re aim. It was worse. I bought led headlight bulbs and dogs with canbus decoder. When I went to change my zxe bulbs were not there but I had 9006 factory bulbs which is not for 2015 projector headlights as they should be 9012. I was wondering why my headlights were way worse and angled. 9006 bulbs were similar fit but after a few days of bumps on roads they went way out. Dealership said when reaiming they put factory ones in to test. Well those are the wrong bulbs that year and where are my sylvania bulbs that were $100? Niwhereto be found apparently. I assume in a mechanics truck lmao. So led bulbs were great for fogs. Not so for headlights. They all worked great for about 2 weeks on automatic headlight switch till we had rain snow mix. Then dash warning light out. I pulled over one headlight was out. I drive a bit longer another warning. I pull over all lights (headlights and fogs are out) I turn switch to manual all works great. Stil trying to figure that one out why nothing works in auto but does in manual. Per clunking under dash I hope I solved it today will find out soon enough. The radio harness was right ontop of bezel so that might have been the banging. Time will tell.
I just installed the cabin air filter today and I'm sure it will be much better now. Just a nice upgrade for $40

Also put in new actuator and finally works for the first time since new for floor heat or a/c. Also bought with cabin filter kit today

3rd brake light and satellite antenna was fixed seems to be good yet sunroof has had issues since than from dealer. I had them do an obstacle detect and reprogram sunroof today at dealer . So far good again time will tell but still hear a rattle above in sunroof area I've never had before till after satellite antenna repair along with sunroof acting up at the worst of times like snow or rain.

For now truck is paid off next week and very much wanting the trx if it comes out in a year or so and under $100,000. Love these rams bo matter what being such a beautiful beast. I'm use to fixing my own as a car guy if needed.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree!!!
I can guarantee you it will be over priced. Look at the Redyes, the SRT Jeeps and especially the Trackhawks. Redeyes not as much, but still up there.

stbear007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Well, that truck’s got a lot going for it too. That 700 hp hellcat motor under the hood, what do you expect? Even back in 2003, or 2004, or whenever it was when they debuted that short cab short bed SRT 10 Ram, that came with a price tag of almost $55,000. Couldn’t even test drive it unless you were an absolute potential buyer.

I know my wife was looking at one than and i talked her out of it. Good thing I did as the price of them dropped huge after a few years. My buddy bought one and that srt killed him in gas and tires lol. I expect the trx to be pricey as it's got a lot going on for a truck and I bet a sweet ass ride. Time will tell

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Auto Park. There is a spot in hell for the inventor of Auto Park.