What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Auto Park. There is a spot in hell for the inventor of Auto Park.

Well I guess there’s also a spot in hell right next to that one for whoever it was that didn’t think to put something like that in there long time ago that killed that Hollywood actor.

But you do know there’s ways around that, don’t you? Keep hatin’ it all you want but there is ways to back up with your door open and not having your transmission slam itself in park. One of the simplest things is just buckle your seatbelt. Easy peasey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I guess there’s also a spot in hell right next to that one for whoever it was that didn’t think to put something like that in there long time ago that killed that Hollywood actor.

But you do know there’s ways around that, don’t you? Keep hatin’ it all you want but there is ways to back up with your door open and not having your transmission slam itself in park. One of the simplest things is just buckle your seatbelt. Easy peasey.

That Hollywood actor died because the turn knob shifter is a trash design and his own negligence. But thanks for voicing your disagreement And chastisement of seat belts and backing up.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
To be honest, I never really was quite happy with the rotary shifter in my truck right after I first bought it but, as I put as much effort as I could in the learning it and getting used to it, I actually like mine now. Even over the column shifter which I’ve always had, and most definitely over that ugly console shifter. That right there is just an argument over personal preference and quite frankly, I’m glad they did away with the console shifter and went with that.

Never had a console shifter, but here's my $0.02 on the rotary shifter.

After 5+ years I'm 99% used to it (still occasionally hit Park instead of Drive from Reverse). But there are still many situations where an Arm could have changed gears in the old days and now you need fingers. Case in point - you're eating a sandwich, holding it in your Right Hand. Go ahead, stop and reverse with the rotary shifter.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That Hollywood actor died because the turn knob shifter is a trash design and his own negligence. But thanks for voicing your disagreement And chastisement of seat belts and backing up.

It wasn’t the knob, dude. Those 14-15 Cherokee’s had a typical console shifter so try again.

But it’s not that, man. It’s just a simple way around it. What, you got a beef that bad with having to put your seatbelt on or behind you to thwart Chrysler’s lawsuit-preventer? You must be a glass half empty kinda person, huh?

Oh yeah, and you can even get a seatbelt extender to clip in your seatbelt receiver that’ll do the same thing if having to fiddle with your seatbelt at all.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
I tow trailers with electrical brakes. Commercially all weather over mountains etc often 10k miles a month. Was on OTR semi driver before becoming an owner operator using a pickup. The factory TBC controller should not be on the dash. Ram should move it to the steering wheel at least the slider with it directly behind the three o'clock position just behind what is now the steering wheel radio buttons. At least on the 4th gens not sure about the 5th gens. When a bumper tow trailer surprises the driver and starts oscillating sway is no time to take your hand off the steering wheel and your eyes off the road to find the TBC slider. You should simply stretch out your middle and ring finger and pull the slider lever towards you to immediately pull the trailer strait behind the truck. Its about practical safety.

Another thing for those who work in their truck all day like an OTR driver. We should have the option of a short say 4" travel air seat just like a big truck. No reason with air systems already on 1500 & 2500 that this could not easily inexpensively be done. This takes major fatigue out when you actually drive up to 14 hours in a day.

Both of these options would make Ram stand out to professional drivers as the choice for commercial use or the real professional grade as shivy likes to use. I've put these ideas on Allpar many times over the last 6 years but I suppose its drown out by the other chatter. It really should be an option on both 5th gens. A low cost minimal development option to both make a profit from and make Ram stand out. Well at least until its copied. I hope this becomes like the bed wheel well liners that we requested for years only better.

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Geese where do I start....rust, broken manifold bolts, hemi tick, tailgate flying open, did I say rust, ....just to name a few...rust is really getting to me...see pic $700.00 fix

20200424_035158.jpg

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

Yep, we are always trying to make the world idiot proof and it just cant be done.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, we are always trying to make the world idiot proof and it just cant be done.

Nope it can’t but at least there’s ways to help protect against expensive lawsuits whenever some joker falls out his truck while hangin out the open door and runs his own ass over. At least that actor that got dead from his Cherokee, wasn’t necessarily his fault. There was a recall on those shifters that either wasn’t letting the transmission fully go into park, or it was something along the lines of doing something that made it real easy to think you had it in park, but it wasn’t. His, supposedly just rolled into him, not actually drive into him.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
There's actually a decent amount of space behind the seat. Enough to store an AR, shotgun maybe a bug out bag. This clip shows the MOD.

LINK
Thank you bigcitymike !!
I've been looking for this video and couldn't remember where it was posted.
Time for another "useful" truck mod now that I live in a free state.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Geese where do I start....rust, broken manifold bolts, hemi tick, tailgate flying open, did I say rust, ....just to name a few...rust is really getting to me...see pic $700.00 fix

View attachment 204064

11 +/- years out and you're surprised? Did you ever have it undercoated?

I mean, if it lived in a garage in NM all its life, OK. But around here, with no protective measures and normal driving habits, that would be considered FTW.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gee
Clunking under passenger dash still cant find it unless I take whole dash off I guess.

Projector headlights absolutely suck my fohs are way better than the headlights

The blower for heat and a/c has never been strong as it hard to warm up inside on those real cold days

No cabin air filter

Tailgate (I installed kit for slow opening right away)

Had 3rd brake light leak also satellite antenna leak as it was loose also

Floor heat actuator never worked I'm waiting for replacement in mail at my cost because dealership could never find a problem

I am still getting a leak somewhere drivers side as it shows on my rubber floor mat when I get in.

Rusting at seams on back bed welds between cab and bed where those rubber wetherstrips are. I'm constantly trying to reach in there touching up paint. Even tho I get truck protected.

I took a peak inside rear wheel wheels between the outer and inner sheets of metal and rusting real bad 1 yr later yet truck is 5yrs old now.

Oh and the shifter on dash hate it. I'd rather have floor shifter

Still love my niw second ram and looking to get the 2021 or trx as my truck is paid off next week.
Geezus man, there must have been a retirement party or something the night before they built your truck. Sounds like everyone was hung over and just slapping **** together. Sorry for all of your troubles!

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 204064
I see a bent metal tab and a dent below..........Something tells me you aren’t helping your trucks ability to avoid rusting either. Lol

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well...actually when I ran my stepsons car bumper over lol thats the result of that...but it actually popped the rust hole loose...its getting replaced this week with some new emblems ....drivers side looks good, so far...but there's some type of pad in the same spot holding moisture on both fenders which is the culprit for the rust spots on both fenders for the RAM....if any knows what this pad is and purpose I would love to know....thanks

20200425_234714.jpg

Daddyhas2boys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Between Cincinnati and Dayton ohio...its 2009 ram but I would not expect a rust hole in the middle of a fender, if it was the rear fender around the wheel well it would be more understandable...bottom line is cheap ass CHINESE STEEL

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well...actually when I ran my stepsons car bumper over lol thats the result of that...but it actually popped the rust hole loose...its getting replaced this week with some new emblems ....drivers side looks good, so far...but there's some type of pad in the same spot holding moisture on both fenders which is the culprit for the rust spots on both fenders for the RAM....if any knows what this pad is and purpose I would love to know....thanks

View attachment 204307
I've heard of those pads before but as to there purpose, no idea...

I've also heard the fender corners are a soggy collection spot for tree debris.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
New to the Ram trucks coming from GM for many years, but I must say I am kinda pi$$ed that we don't get the app with the ability to lock/unlock doors and start/stop the engine for FREE. Its been free on the trucks and cars I've been driving for some time now. I did pay for onstar for years until they refused to open my truck door one night that I was hurt at work and left my keys in the semi. Since then no onstar for me but had the ability to unlock my door if I accidently locked my keys in the truck.