What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not making a big deal of it. The title of the thread is "What don't you like about your Ram". So i posted my list.
I know, and I know that but this thread is pretty much kinda like Pandora’s box. I highly doubt the author of it suspected some of the things “mentioned”. I dunno, I just kinda have a feeling a little more thought would have been put into it like, how come they don’t make the Rebel with air conditioned seats, or why is it that only the 2500’s and the 3500’s come with power-folding tow mirrors but the tow mirror-equipped half-tons don’t come with the power-fold option? Most certainly not, “I don’t like the color” or “I don’t like the auto-park stuff. I just find it amusing.

Most cars have replaceable fuel filters. More have them then don't. 10+ years ago almost every vehicle had one. It's only more recently with the advent of plastic fuel tanks that separate filters have been going away.
Hmm, my 08 Ram didn’t have one, or not that I knew of. If it did, 10 years and 70,000 miles later, it didn’t need changed. The 05 Stratus I had didn’t have one, nor did the 04 Dakota the ex-wife kept. Neither did my old 98 half-ton, my old 96 Dakota or that Plymouth I said my mom had, didn’t.

Gas pumps have a basic spin on type filter that traps dirt and sediment. It doesn't stop water. These filters are offered in 10 Micron or 30 Micron versions. Most gas stations opt for 30 micron so they last longer.[/quote]
There may be some who don’t filter it out but they should have sensors in the underground tanks that sense water intrusion.

But they must be doing something right because I’ve never had a filter plug up.

It would be pointless unless i dropped the tank and removed the in-tank filter.
It’s pointless anyway if you’re going to reputable stations.

If their wasn't a TIPM you could still add on all those upgrades but it wouldn't require any computer program to make them work. You would just plug stuff in and be done. The TIPM just introduced more work and risk for people wanting to make upgrades.
It’s still possible either way.

What are you implying? Kind of an obnoxious thing to say. Once again, i didn't just randomly create a thread complaining about me truck. I was responding to a thread topic created by someone else asking what i don't like about my truck. That's it. Nowhere did i say "i can't stand modern advancement" I'm all for technology that makes things better. The TIPM doesn't make our trucks better. It makes them worse. Plenty of facts to back that up too. Chrysler didn't add the TIPM to their cars to make the consumers lives easier. They did it to save them money.

I was just stating what it sounded like to me, sorry to imply anything.

But Chrysler’s not the only thing that uses sales codes to make stuff work. They’re all guilty of it.

And yes, again, I know all you’re doing is just simply replying to this thread but it’s the level of defense about fuel filters no less that lead me to believe you weren’t crazy about anything new because of how they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weird. Not sure mine has that. I know it does on the front of the console. Even before the seatbelt extender, never noticed any issue.

Mine has that but I’ve yet to scrape any of my hide off on it.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Weird. Not sure mine has that. I know it does on the front of the console. Even before the seatbelt extender, never noticed any issue.

Just to clarify, that was on my G4 '15, which I owned for 5 years, even though I now have a G5 '20.

Brownbelfry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'll tell you what I don't like. A new truck that does not work properly. dealer doesn't fix it, 2 months going on 3--- Sirius does not load meaning no Satellite music, no functioning traffic reports, weather reports, etc. the downloaded update around May 1 was a warranty item on the Uconnect video system, which was not an issue on my truck, but the download sure did misfire and make the truck seem like it was 5 years old and not working rather than 5 months old. I guess the new radio was ordered, excuses, darned if I know. but you would think if a new part failed, Chryler would make available another new part that would work. You know when you purchase a Limited, you think you are getting a top their truck that will function properly.

Krein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I swear this thread never fails, it always turns into a ******* match when someone just says what they dont like about there truck. Why have a thread where you get smartass remarks when your just posting what the thread is asking.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swear this thread never fails, it always turns into a ******* match when someone just says what they dont like about there truck. Why have a thread where you get smartass remarks when your just posting what the thread is asking.

Fair enough, but why post some of the most funniest, most off the wall and oddball stuff that some people have posted, just because you’re basically being asked to in this thread when you know damn well that it’s most likely gonna get possibly ridiculed and cause people to talk about it and question it, just because low and behold, somebody decided to make a thread topic on it? As you’ve noticed, there’s been some very petty things mentioned and it’s like, if anything, the thread shoulda come with some kind of disclaimer or something stating that ya might wanna think about whether ya wanna post or not because according to how goofy whatever it is you say may sound to someone, if you can’t handle ridicule or constructive ridicule then ya might not wanna post.

Instead of questionably getting mad at some of the counter-responses, if you can’t handle what’s most often considered as constructive criticism then don’t post, simple as that.

But see, a lot of times, this thread also opens up a lot of opportunities for some people to help those people out when it’s just something those people just simply didn’t know about, like with how that damn Auto-Park **** that so many people have ******* about- there’s ways around it so, why basically ***** about it..... again, just because there was a thread that was so conveniently created just for you to do it in?....lol.

But whatever, I get a kick out of reading some of these.....”responses” but of you can’t handle the replies or the retorts then simply don’t post. Having an opinion is having an opinion and, there’s nothing wrong with that but if you don’t want it shredded, picked on, made fun of, ridiculed, questioned, talked about or discussed then ya might wanna just keep it to yourself.

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fair enough, but why post some of the most funniest, most off the wall and oddball stuff that some people have posted, just because you’re basically being asked to in this thread when you know damn well that it’s most likely gonna get possibly ridiculed and cause people to talk about it and question it, just because low and behold, somebody decided to make a thread topic on it? As you’ve noticed, there’s been some very petty things mentioned and it’s like, if anything, the thread shoulda come with some kind of disclaimer or something stating that ya might wanna think about whether ya wanna post or not because according to how goofy whatever it is you say may sound to someone, if you can’t handle ridicule or constructive ridicule then ya might not wanna post.

Instead of questionably getting mad at some of the counter-responses, if you can’t handle what’s most often considered as constructive criticism then don’t post, simple as that.

But see, a lot of times, this thread also opens up a lot of opportunities for some people to help those people out when it’s just something those people just simply didn’t know about, like with how that damn Auto-Park **** that so many people have ******* about- there’s ways around it so, why basically ***** about it..... again, just because there was a thread that was so conveniently created just for you to do it in?....lol.

But whatever, I get a kick out of reading some of these.....”responses” but of you can’t handle the replies or the retorts then simply don’t post. Having an opinion is having an opinion and, there’s nothing wrong with that but if you don’t want it shredded, picked on, made fun of, ridiculed, questioned, talked about or discussed then ya might wanna just keep it to yourself.

Or you could just not reply to someone who answers the question to what the thread is about. It's like you think the truck is perfect and anyone who says anything diff your offended by it. Just let it go man... It's an open forum and people can say what they don't like about their truck cuz they do cost a lot of money and nobody is saying they suck it's just what they don't like about it

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or you could just not reply to someone who answers the question to what the thread is about. It's like you think the truck is perfect and anyone who says anything diff your offended by it. Just let it go man... It's an open forum and people can say what they don't like about their truck cuz they do cost a lot of money and nobody is saying they suck it's just what they don't like about it

Or just not get offended at what I say or what anybody else says. It goes both ways.

And I’m not offended by what anybody says. Where did you get that from? I just think it’s funny some of the responses.

And no, I don’t think the truck is perfect. Never once even implied that. Has there been stuff with mine that I haven’t liked? Sure, there has but I just don’t feel the need to mention them just because somebody created a thread for me to do it because to me, unless it’s something worth mentioning, I stay tight-lipped or what I would consider as just being petty just because someone created a discussion to act as an outlet.

But yeah, take your own advice- let it go. It is an open forum and as long as it falls within forum guidelines, we can say what we want.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Agreed, barked up that tree a while back and got the same response from him. I couldn't imagine wasting that much time with that many lengthy responses to people, just to endlessly defend ram for some reason. Especially when the thread asks for peoples complaints, it would be like inviting someone into your home and then berating them when they came in.

Not trying to totally trash conry, I've seen him help a lot of people along the way as well which is why I generally refrain from saying anything....but I do agree with you about this.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed, barked up that tree a while back and got the same response from him. I couldn't imagine wasting that much time with that many lengthy responses to people, just to endlessly defend ram for some reason. Especially when the thread asks for peoples complaints, it would be like inviting someone into your home and then berating them when they came in.

Not trying to totally trash conry, I've seen him help a lot of people along the way as well which is why I generally refrain from saying anything....but I do agree with you about this.

Guess I just don’t consider it as wasting time. I can however see how you would see it as a waste of time because you feel just the same way as this other person. And if both of y’all think I’m just trying to be an *******, you’re wrong because as you said, I, and some others have been able to help from time to time to to get someone to stop disliking whatever it is this thread asked them they disliked.

And I’m not defending Ram. Not even endlessly. I know they’re not perfect. They have their own shortcomings just as any other brand but it just still cracks me up some of the things mentioned. It’s like people don’t realize that if every single thing that people wished they had all the sudden came on our trucks, then they’d be ******** about it costing way too much, or ******** about something their truck had that somebody else wished for that they didn’t want, that they had to pay extra for.

But no, it ain’t like asking someone into your home and then rippin’ on them. Not even the same thing. As far as why the OP made this thread, I have no idea why. Maybe for something to laugh at, may be to just sit back and see just what people come up with, I dunno. But agree with him all you want, I don’t care. Don’t be so sensitive about it. Just because there’s a thread for doing so, if you’re ok with sharing something like what’s been shared, you shouldn’t care what anybody says. Like I told the other fella, there’s been a few things about mine that I didn’t like at one point but since I’ve either repaired or corrected them, why bother in a sense ******** about it? Because there’s a thread for me to do it in?....lol.

But whatever, y’all are entitled to your opinion so it’s all good.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I just set him to ignore so I don't have to read the Ram salesman line he spews that we are the problem and not the truck.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only thing besides the poor design and blockage of the windage area of the 5.7,I hate the over sensitive torque controlled downshifting of the 70 trans.I was told from my tuner when it was on the Dyno that of all the vehicles he’s tuned it’s the worst.

DAC7F667-8760-42C4-8215-5167DA4D97DC.jpeg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just set him to ignore so I don't have to read the Ram salesman line he spews that we are the problem and not the truck.

I know you’re not gonna see this unless you click on the little button down there that shows the preview of what I said, maybe somebody will translate it to you but when have I ever said that any of y’all were the problem? Although, sometimes I wonder but I’ve never actually said that any of y’all were the problem. And even if I may have, so what? Are you that much of a snowflake to be bothered if somebody thought that? I mean, you do have me on ignore, so…

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know you’re not gonna see this unless you click on the little button down there that shows the preview of what I said, maybe somebody will translate it to you but when have I ever said that any of y’all were the problem? Although, sometimes I wonder but I’ve never actually said that any of y’all were the problem. And even if I may have, so what? Are you that much of a snowflake to be bothered if somebody thought that? I mean, you do have me on ignore, so…

Troll

Blah

Blah

Blah

Just has nothing better to do with his time than try to banter back and forth with people... Dude just enjoy life and stop picking apart what others don't like about their trucks... Thread is there, you're the one who has an issue with it. If someone has an issue with something then someone else prob has that same issue maybe people can come together to find a way to resolve it than hear someone tell them there should just accept it cuz you think this post shouldn't be here.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Troll

Blah

Blah

Blah

Just has nothing better to do with his time than try to banter back and forth with people...
Yeah, right back atcha. You’re continuing this back and forth that you speak of yet you criticize me for it. Wasn’t even talking to you in the post of mine you quoted.

Dude just enjoy life and stop picking apart what others don't like about their trucks... Thread is there, you're the one who has an issue with it. If someone has an issue with something then someone else prob has that same issue maybe people can come together to find a way to resolve it than hear someone tell them there should just accept it cuz you think this post shouldn't be here.
I do enjoy life but, I will continue to speak on other’s posts whether you like it or not. Lol. I’m not doing anybody any harm. And I know the thread is there but I’m not the one with the issue, you’re one of the few that has the issue with my responses and is hiding behind the title of this thread. And I never thought this thread shouldn’t exist. That’s your assumption.

You know, and just for spite, I went all the back to the beginning of this discussion and saw where someone ******* about their tailgate not having any kind of assistance of like the DeeZee tail gate assist and even said that they didn’t like tailgates slamming down and I was like well, either get a tailgate assist or stop letting your tailgate slam down. Lol. Only you [him], can keep that from happening. How am I not supposed to get a kick out of and not find humor in stuff like that and most importantly, how can I blame the truck for that and not the owner? When I first got my new truck, I could’ve ******* right along side that dude because since I was so used to my old truck having a tailgate assist that I installed myself, I let my new truck’s tailgate slam down a couple times on accident but ya know what, a tailgate assist was one of the first things I did to my new truck and I never once cried about it on here because in ten years apart from my old truck to my new 2018, it still didn’t come from the factory with anything like that.

But like I pretty much told the ***** who ignored me; don’t sweat it, it’s fine. If you’re brave enough to post stuff like the guy with the tailgate then you shouldn’t be concerned at all with what people like me say because if ya where, you wouldn’t be posting it in the first place, yes?

Last edited: