What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kasualkiller094

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 14 has no cd player just auxiliary in and USB. I was disappointed in that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 14 has no cd player just auxiliary in and USB. I was disappointed in that.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

why not add it if you need it? i would never have used it, glad not to pay for one.

snc0921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I came from a 2014 Overland Grand Cherokee Diesel (which I LOVED). I need the truck features (bed to haul things) much more than the SUV.

I dislike that the RAM does not have adaptive cruise, blind spot detection and robust 4x4 as options (yet somehow stickers thousands more than the Jeep). The Jeep had air ride suspension which was wonderful on the 2014 but nothing but trouble on my 2012 Summit. I did not want it on my Ram even though it was available.

I knew these things going in and considered the Ford King Ranch but swore off Ford after my 2010 F150 had a sunroof leak that could not seem to get sorted.

Anyway, my disappointment stems from lack of high end options.

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dislike that the RAM does not have adaptive cruise, blind spot detection and robust 4x4 as options (yet somehow stickers thousands more than the Jeep)
I have adaptive cruise control on my other car, I am so glad this truck doesn't have that. It's been nothing but trouble and if I didn't have an extended warranty, would have cost me $2k to have fixed.

I completely agree on bsm, I love that feature.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So far the only real complaint is that damn interior chrome. The center console latch handle, the steering wheel badge and the radio bezel all give off (or gave off) blinding reflections when the sun and vehicle are in the right (or wrong depending on your point of view) position. I've taken care of this problem though with the judicious application of some Plasti Dip or some paint (depending on which offender I was taking care of). I guess not everybody's truck has interior chrome in all these areas anyway.

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
Satellite reception is a joke. Cuts out in areas that my Kia does not. Sometimes it will be "acquiring signal" for what seems like forever, especially when I've been listening to something at a louder volume on my way home, and it blasts my face apart the next morning. Sometimes it will take more than half my ride to work for the signal to acquire, which will finally allow me to change the volume and channel. Ridiculous!

Also, not as annoying, but still strange how it won't read actual coolant / trans / oil temps when it's cold out. Anything under 104 coolant and 100 oil temp does not register. Small issue, but still. C'mon.

I understand not having an overhead map light console, but at least lighted vanity mirrors would have been a nice touch. I'm probably asking too much at this price point ... but still.

And why no defroster grid on the rear glass? Throw me a fricken bone here!

Also, shame on me for cheaping out for the base model and not opting for a back-up camera. This beast needs it, badly. At least parking sensors would be a blessing ... but alas!

But hey, I love this truck. For the price, you can't beat it IMO.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Satellite reception is a joke. Cuts out in areas that my Kia does not. Sometimes it will be "acquiring signal" for what seems like forever, especially when I've been listening to something at a louder volume on my way home, and it blasts my face apart the next morning. Sometimes it will take more than half my ride to work for the signal to acquire, which will finally allow me to change the volume and channel. Ridiculous!

Also, not as annoying, but still strange how it won't read actual coolant / trans / oil temps when it's cold out. Anything under 104 coolant and 100 oil temp does not register. Small issue, but still. C'mon.

I understand not having an overhead map light console, but at least lighted vanity mirrors would have been a nice touch. I'm probably asking too much at this price point ... but still.

And why no defroster grid on the rear glass? Throw me a fricken bone here!

Also, shame on me for cheaping out for the base model and not opting for a back-up camera. This beast needs it, badly. At least parking sensors would be a blessing ... but alas!

But hey, I love this truck. For the price, you can't beat it IMO.
There is an official kit to add the Oem backup camera. Dealer can to it for you too.
Installing OEM backup cam (See post 10 also).

Other upgrades for your 2016 Express (threads for em too) ...
*Ra1 to RA2 radio swap (plug n play)
*Ra1/RA2 to 8.4 radio conversion (plug n play for your truck w/correct parts)
DIY: 2013+ RA3/RA4 8.4" Radio Conversion Upgrade
*Add steering wheel audio controls
DIY: 2013-2016 OEM Steering Wheel Audio Control Install
*Upper pass. cubby to glove box swap
*Add upper console/map lights (with or without homelink) upper console for Express
*Add oem remote start (or a dball2 remote start)
* Jumpseat to Console Swap
FS: complete floor console
* Cluster upgrade to 7" Evic (plug n play)
*Seatbelt Chime Delete/Disable

And others, just keep looking around the forum and if the mod bug gets ya, it usually finds you wallet too , but it's fun.

I never had any issues with Sat reception on my ra2 or ra4 radios (VA, NC, IN, TN, OK, SC,)

Edit: links added. How's that for ya? Should get you started.
If I had known this stuff was possible, I would have bought an Express instead of an SLT.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dhira

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As per the title: obviously we love our RAMs. It's why we're here. But I'm wondering, what DON'T you like about your RAM, and how would you fix it?

I dislike the cruise control messages. When you press the "on" button, it shows a big message that replaces your speed (something like "Cruise Control Ready") for a second or two.

I either have to wait until it clears to set it (so I can make sure my speed is right), or set it and fix the speed if for some reason it changed between my turning it on and setting it (not a rare occurence). I wish the "Cruise Control Ready" message could happen somewhere else on the screen, so I could immediately set it after turning it on. Ideally though, I wish Cruise Control was always on, allowing me to just set it (Chevy does this).

init6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Chevy cruise control is always on? Hmm. That seems like a huge liability issue. The drivers in Ohio would inadvertently hit the "set" button and sue when they wrecked. Pretty cool feature though.

I don't much care for the ******** tranny programming. But that can fixed. I think the biggest beef I have is the tpms on the front wheels. That's just dumb.

tsielski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hate the location of the engine oil filter on the 5.7 models. Right over the electric power steering mechanism ensuring it gets covered with oil at every change, not to mention the tight access to the filter itself. Had dozens of vehicles over the years, and none had a more poorly thought out oil filter location. Even the 2005 Hemi Jeep's oil filter was easier and it had an extended oil drain lip to prevent the mess that happens on the Ram.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As per the title: obviously we love our RAMs. It's why we're here. But I'm wondering, what DON'T you like about your RAM, and how would you fix it?

I dislike the cruise control messages. When you press the "on" button, it shows a big message that replaces your speed (something like "Cruise Control Ready") for a second or two.

I either have to wait until it clears to set it (so I can make sure my speed is right), or set it and fix the speed if for some reason it changed between my turning it on and setting it (not a rare occurence). I wish the "Cruise Control Ready" message could happen somewhere else on the screen, so I could immediately set it after turning it on. Ideally though, I wish Cruise Control was always on, allowing me to just set it (Chevy does this).

My wife's Chevy won't let you leave the cruise on, kinda stupid cuz if someone accidentally hit the wrong button it could send the car flying into someone.

I usually turn my cruise on while heading down the on ramp and then once I get on the highway hit the set button.

Ledawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I have thought this exact same thing. That needs to be a small message to the side of the screen. I know how it goes. You don't think of that kind of stuff til you get to use it yourself. So some engineer probably thought that was a good idea until he drove one of the trucks.

Broyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Agreed: I dislike the cruise control messages; Hate the location of the engine oil filter.

And: I have remote start, keyless entry; I don't like the behavior of the dash lights. With the fob far away from the truck, if anyone puts their hand behind the door handle, the dash lights up, very brightly. This will happen 8 times. After 8 times, the dash lights no longer respond. They should not light up at all if you are not carrying the fob!