What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't like the difficulty in lowering these vehicles. Only reason I wish I would have went gm. My fault though, did not research. I still love my truck though.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I dislike the MDS and having to add a tuner to remove it. Also dislike the poor light output as well as the weak side cushion on the drivers side seat. All things that can easily be corrected so that the truck is truly enjoyable . :)

Reactions: RRF

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dislike the BW 44-44 (hope I didn't just derail this thread), low payload numbers, and ZF axles currently used since the aftermarket support is virtually non existant.

Other than that, love my truck!

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I dislike the 9.25 rear end and the headlights. The stock headlights suck IMO. The rear end is too finicky for setup and should be larger. I like over built things and c clip design from factory is not very good long term.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Don't like how close you have to be to the vehicle before the Key Fob works.
Also don't like how the 2016s have the chrome filler piece between the tow hooks. Makes it impossible to mount a light bar.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The ridiculous price of pretty much every part, headlights, mirrors, bumpers, etc.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My one major dislike about my Ram is the seat comfort. I think other trucks have better seat quality and adjustability. I am a big guy... 6'4'' 225 lbs, and I struggle to find a comfortable seating position for long drives. I've owned by truck 6 months now and still haven't found the sweet spot. Kind of a pain.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It bothers me that the dome light doesn't turn on when the key is removed from the ignition. My gm had that and was a nice feature for grabbing what you need before exiting at night.

The amount of water that collects on the tailgate " scoop " and my tonneau cover. Open it and if your not ready it'll get ya wet every time.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, you guys really hate that Cruise Control Ready" message. It doesn't really bother me and I just finished up a 1500+ mile trip over the weekend.

For me - the headlights. HIDs aren't too much to ask for on a $40k vehicle, are they?

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
+0.5 (not quite a +1) for the oil filter location. Yeah, its a pain, but actually if you come at it from the wheel well, and slip a baggie over it after you loosen it, then you don't spill oil all over. So +0.5 for the hassle, but not a full point since it's manageable and just a minor annoyance.

However, a big solid +1 for not being able to re-program the GO***MN TPMS system!! Being forced into using the same air pressure as stock is ridiculous. I hate having to clear the the message every time I start the truck, and i hate the constant warning light. If they won't let you re-program it, then at least give me the ability to turn the dang thing off!

(Disclaimer - only applicable for those of us who lift/lower our trucks, or swapped out the crap stock tires for something better.... which is pretty much 90% of Ram owners...)

And another +1 for two friggin' fuel filters (Cummins). Hundred bucks a change.

And one more +1 for the micro axle zerk fitting, and location. I know the whole 'smaller is better' thing is all hip now, but jeez guys, come on...

But in all honesty, that is like seriously the end of my list. I friggin' love my truck. The few complaints I have are about as meaningful as arguing over which way the toilet paper roll goes.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, you guys really hate that Cruise Control Ready" message. It doesn't really bother me and I just finished up a 1500+ mile trip over the weekend.

For me - the headlights. HIDs aren't too much to ask for on a $40k vehicle, are they?

Lol it's bothered since day 1. My 08 Chevy had a button to turn it off and on but it would stay in the same state until you pushed it again, even if you shut it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
+0.5 (not quite a +1) for the oil filter location. Yeah, its a pain, but actually if you come at it from the wheel well, and slip a baggie over it after you loosen it, then you don't spill oil all over. So +0.5 for the hassle, but not a full point since it's manageable and just a minor annoyance.

However, a big solid +1 for not being able to re-program the GO***MN TPMS system!! Being forced into using the same air pressure as stock is ridiculous. I hate having to clear the the message every time I start the truck, and i hate the constant warning light. If they won't let you re-program it, then at least give me the ability to turn the dang thing off!

(Disclaimer - only applicable for those of us who lift/lower our trucks, or swapped out the crap stock tires for something better.... which is pretty much 90% of Ram owners...)

And another +1 for two friggin' fuel filters (Cummins). Hundred bucks a change.

And one more +1 for the micro axle zerk fitting, and location. I know the whole 'smaller is better' thing is all hip now, but jeez guys, come on...

But in all honesty, that is like seriously the end of my list. I friggin' love my truck. The few complaints I have are about as meaningful as arguing over which way the toilet paper roll goes.
there is only one way the toilet paper belongs lol

dhira

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife's Chevy won't let you leave the cruise on, kinda stupid cuz if someone accidentally hit the wrong button it could send the car flying into someone.

I usually turn my cruise on while heading down the on ramp and then once I get on the highway hit the set button.

I was driving my brother's 2017 C7 corvette, which had it on already. I don't really agree with the "it's dangerous" argument. Cruise control doesn't snap your car to unexpected speeds, it just locks in your current speed. If you need to brake, CC doesn't prevent that. I guess in my head, it seems stupid that it could ever be an issue, but as a programmer, I know that the end-user will always find a way to ruin it haha!

I will admit it's not a super critical issue, but it bugs the hell out of me. Why couldn't they have the CC symbol turn green or something, as a visual cue? No need to slap a huge "I'M READY" sign in place of my speed. But then again, I guess that makes sense, given Ram's obsession with big decals and branding lol

dhira

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dislike people that dislike their RAMs. :favorites13:

To be clear, I love my Ram :D

But I think we are most honest with those we love the most, right? :p (except maybe the wife when she asks if a dress makes her look fat)