What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cak446

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
and look at the many people who drive down the road at night with no headlights on and now you know why.

Ha, do you think the type of people who drive around without their lights on, will notice the headlight light in the cluster?!?!

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ha, do you think the type of people who drive around without their lights on, will notice the headlight light in the cluster?!?!

exactly, im sorry but if you are driving at night and the only way you know your lights are on is a little green LED on the dash, and not the fact you can see down the road, or the fact that every knob and button is lit up, then you have no reason behind the wheel, even though i think about 65% of drivers that are on the road need their license taken away lol

I mean common sense would tell me that if i look over my dash and see this, that my lights are probably on...

3d4e68884b2fec2740e8ba6717defdb1.jpg

Last edited:

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually like the headlights/fog lights indicator since I leave my lights on the auto position so things like during the day if it's sprinkling I want to make sure they automatically turned on still.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
here is another take on the light indicator in the cluster. When you get in a vehicle that has daytime running lights at night and are used to a vehicle that has auto lights you can very easily start driving and not even think about turning your lights on. So then you are driving around at night with just the daytime running lights which can be confused for low beams. Not an issue for oncoming traffic, but more of an issue for vehicles behind you that don't see any lights till you brake or use turn signals

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
here is another take on the light indicator in the cluster. When you get in a vehicle that has daytime running lights at night and are used to a vehicle that has auto lights you can very easily start driving and not even think about turning your lights on. So then you are driving around at night with just the daytime running lights which can be confused for low beams. Not an issue for oncoming traffic, but more of an issue for vehicles behind you that don't see any lights till you brake or use turn signals

well if your lights arent on then your a/c controls wont be illuminated and your gauges and radio display will be bright enough to give your ass a tan lol

Im one of those people that HATE pointless lights being on, its just an OCD of mine, every vehicle ive driven up till over the past few years, the only time a light was on was if there was a problem, so thats what it feels like when i have those lights there, if we have to have those lights at least make it an option to turn them off, i mean hey have menus for everything else so lets add a "common sense lights" option menu so we can put stuff like that.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
my vehicles i have it set that the display doesn't darken when the headlights are on lol, but i don't have this problem in my vehicles, but i have driven a car that has daytime running lights and multiple times I never realized that i didn't turn the lights on which means that on car the hvac lights are always on.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
I actually like the headlights/fog lights indicator since I leave my lights on the auto position so things like during the day if it's sprinkling I want to make sure they automatically turned on still.

ill give you that, that is actually the only function that light has, only because when the wipers activate the lights it doesn't dim the dash or anything like that, so that being said, make it where that light only works in that kind of situation.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
ill give you that, that is actually the only function that light has, only because when the wipers activate the lights it doesn't dim the dash or anything like that, so that being said, make it where that light only works in that kind of situation.

on my dart I have the autolights turned on and if i turn my wipers on for more that just one wipe it dims the radio. Wish it didn't

not sure about the truck because i don't use autoheadlights

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
my vehicles i have it set that the display doesn't darken when the headlights are on lol, but i don't have this problem in my vehicles, but i have driven a car that has daytime running lights and multiple times I never realized that i didn't turn the lights on which means that on car the hvac lights are always on.

my ex did that, i cant understand having em that bright at night lol, see now DRLs are another thing that annoy me, I disable them on any vehicle i get if it comes with em, whats odd is my 2013 charger the driver could pick to have DRL or not yet my rams cant, crazy huh?

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
on my dart I have the autolights turned on and if i turn my wipers on for more that just one wipe it dims the radio. Wish it didn't

all of my rams if i turn the wipers on the radio and everything doesn't dim, otherwise id turn off that feature, dodge needs to make all their vehicles act the same way with the same options

OkExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a first time Ram owner and I've had my truck for about a month. Pretty happy but here is what I don't like so far:

-The truck always defaults to radio when I start it, even if I had it on media when I shut the truck off. It takes several minutes for my phone to pair to the truck. Ford sync it was only seconds and would stay on media. I'm going to see if the dealer can help me with the default next time I'm in.

-I have the jump seat with cup holders. The damn thing shakes like **** over every bump. I need to see if I can block it with something to make it more stiff.

-I feel like the bed attachment points are flimsier than past trucks I've owned.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Coolant reservoir where Wiper fluid typically is, and wiper fluid where radiator cap is.. What Braniac thought this up?

Transmission Gearing

TPS system that I cant manually change to lower pressure alarm..(seems this used to be able to be done)

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm a first time Ram owner and I've had my truck for about a month. Pretty happy but here is what I don't like so far:

-The truck always defaults to radio when I start it, even if I had it on media when I shut the truck off. It takes several minutes for my phone to pair to the truck. Ford sync it was only seconds and would stay on media. I'm going to see if the dealer can help me with the default next time I'm in.

On the contrary EVERYTIME I start my truck it goes to media and my iPod that's plugged in. Really annoying especially when I'm listening to XM and it will just switch to the iPod after the truck being on for like 20 seconds drives me insane.

The Uconnect is garbage it takes so long for the Bluetooth to connect it's pathetic.. we have the technology for instant Bluetooth connectivity I am not sure what the heck happened when our media systems were designed on these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The most annoying thing about my reg cab with power seats it that you can't flip forward the drivers seatback to get to the storage area. One has to use the slow power controls, which doesn't flip forward enough, and then readjust after.... or walk around to the passenger side. I guess I need the exercise. Over the year I've owned this little hot rod, I seem to have gotten accustom to all the other quirks as they aren't bothering me. My daughter drove it the other day and came back grinning from ear to ear, says the truck just wants to go go go :)

Last edited:

OkExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the contrary EVERYTIME I start my truck it goes to media and my iPod that's plugged in. Really annoying especially when I'm listening to XM and it will just switch to the iPod after the truck being on for like 20 seconds drives me insane.

The Uconnect is garbage it takes so long for the Bluetooth to connect it's pathetic.. we have the technology for instant Bluetooth connectivity I am not sure what the heck happened when our media systems were designed on these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone says how Ford sync sucks but 2 seconds after starting the car my phone was connected and my podcast or music starts right where it stopped when I shut the vehicle off.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Everyone says how Ford sync sucks but 2 seconds after starting the car my phone was connected and my podcast or music starts right where it stopped when I shut the vehicle off.

i had the complete opposite experience with the ford sync system, that is the biggest POS on the face of this earth

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i had the complete opposite experience with the ford sync system, that is the biggest POS on the face of this earth

I'm going to go out on a limb and split the difference. the 'basic' sync in my mustang is pretty good. connects faster and less glitchy errors than the Uconnect 8.4 in my 2500. But the phone sounds better in the RAM and the ease of use is significantly better as well.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
65-80psi requirement in the tires for the tpis. Way too much IMO for daily driving while unloaded.

on my 08 i had the dealer reprogram the tpms to only go off if my tires go below 25 psi

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most likely the antenna. Thats what causes mine at highway speeds

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member