What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
One reason for the antifreeze dipstick is the fact that pretty commonly, the Hemi somehow eats coolant. Not sure why, but every shop owner I spoke to over my 3 years in the auto industry stated the same thing.....HEMIs eat coolant...

Tapatalked from my expensive "smart" phone.

Has not been an issue on my hemis.

brad325is

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a few....but the one while driving I notice the most is when I have the sunshade open on the sunroof. The sun shines off the chrome trim of the center console and hits me right in the eyes. Have to cover it with a towel while driving...I could easily close the shade but I like it open and prop it for ventilation most of the time.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a few....but the one while driving I notice the most is when I have the sunshade open on the sunroof. The sun shines off the chrome trim of the center console and hits me right in the eyes. Have to cover it with a towel while driving...I could easily close the shade but I like it open and prop it for ventilation most of the time.

Some have removed the trim ring and Plasti dipped. No more glare.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After two months of ownership my only major gripe with the vehicle which can't be easily rectified is ride quality. I borrowed my wife's 2008 Nissan Titan the other day for a dump run because our beater '88 C/1500 is currently down and I didn't want trash under my camper shell... and that Nissan rides LOADS better than my Ram. The steering is tight, the seats are very nice, I felt like I could just cruise for ages and not be disturbed by anything. It's four years older than my Ram, has 60,000 more miles on it and I swear it's the more comfortable of the two vehicles.

I told my wife she'd better be grateful my Ram is faster, or we'd be swapping trucks on a long-term basis.

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I had my sunroof tinted with limo tint for that reason and to keep the heat down from the sun shining on it. I usually have it open to the vent position also.

Sent from my iX using my iThumbs via Tapatalk

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
My truck doesn’t even have a sunroof, but I get some killer glare on the champagne colored parts of the center console....as well as the chrome trim.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always found ram to be the most comfortable best ridding truck for me. I would venture to say you may have some worn parts that need attention.

Worn out suspension parts on a 2012 with ~50,000mi? Color me skeptical.

If I were to wager I'd say the biggest things contributing to my poor ride quality are these 20" wheels and aggressive Cooper Discoverer A/T tires. My wife's Titan has 18" wheels and regular street tires. Probably also some curb weight factoring into that good ride too. The Titan is quad cab 4x4, around 5500lbs... whereas my Ram is RCSB 2WD, around 4500lbs.

That being said, have you ever driven a Titan? I had honestly never even considered looking at one until my wife saw this one with everything she needed, in a color she liked and at a very affordable price. I did the initial test drive to make sure there weren't any major issues with it but I really haven't driven it since then. It's actually very nice.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

If I were to wager I'd say the biggest things contributing to my poor ride quality are these 20" wheels and aggressive Cooper Discoverer A/T tires. My wife's Titan has 18" wheels and regular street tires. Probably also some curb weight factoring into that good ride too. The Titan is quad cab 4x4, around 5500lbs... whereas my Ram is RCSB 2WD, around 4500lbs.

That being said, have you ever driven a Titan? I had honestly never even considered looking at one until my wife saw this one with everything she needed, in a color she liked and at a very affordable price. I did the initial test drive to make sure there weren't any major issues with it but I really haven't driven it since then. It's actually very nice.
I found the Titan to be an exceptional ride quality as well. Honestly it was tighter and better handling response than my Ram, but there are other issues I have with the Titan that pushed toward the Ram....I felt the seats were better in the Ram, which is what my fat ass is stuck in whenever riding though, so it wins this battle for me....but I can def attest to the suspension having a tighter feel to it....

The sunroof to console glare is definitely killer though...

Booner21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Uconnect 5.0 and the radio controls going away for 5 seconds after adjusting volume. Also only 4 presets on the home screen or nothing but presets. Have a tradesman model and as soon as I find steering wheel controls or my xm subscription is over I am ditching the radio. Tpms set to 80 lbs and having to pay to reset. Key dinging when in the ignition no matter what can't pull it out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

brad325is

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my sunroof tinted with limo tint for that reason and to keep the heat down from the sun shining on it. I usually have it open to the vent position also.

Sent from my iX using my iThumbs via Tapatalk

Why I didn't think of this I have no idea. I have all the other ( minus windshield of course ) windows tinted. This will be getting done :)

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Yes I have driven a titan, but not for a few years. New or better shocks might help you out. Now doubt you have played with your tire pressure. I run mine 5 pounds over the recommended pressure. For me the ram is more comfortable on the roads I normally travel. Handles well.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes I have driven a titan, but not for a few years. New or better shocks might help you out. Now doubt you have played with your tire pressure. I run mine 5 pounds over the recommended pressure. For me the ram is more comfortable on the roads I normally travel. Handles well.
I run higher too and Bilstein 5100 on all four corners will improve the ride and level the truck too.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

xXBrutaLXx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
interior squeaks and rattles when driving. not really in love with the 8 speed tranny so far but's only been 1500miles

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
interior squeaks and rattles when driving. not really in love with the 8 speed tranny so far but's only been 1500miles
I have no squeaks or rattles from the truck....only any stuff I put in it.....where are yours coming from so I can watch for that?

meatsbound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Uconnect 5.0 and the radio controls going away for 5 seconds after adjusting volume. Also only 4 presets on the home screen or nothing but presets. Have a tradesman model and as soon as I find steering wheel controls or my xm subscription is over I am ditching the radio. Tpms set to 80 lbs and having to pay to reset. Key dinging when in the ignition no matter what can't pull it out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
that 4 preset limit drives me nuts.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not being able to tune my 2014 8speed transmission because diablosport hasn’t released the tuning ability yet for early 2014s