What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burnstork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
i dont know, just sometimes it will downshift once climbing hills and stuff and it's still not enough. so i find myself constantly having to give more and more throttle to get it to kick down again.

I had this problem on a steep, hilly stretch I drive often. Had a 2014 V6 8-speed with 3:21 gears. Solution: Tow-haul mode (button and bottom center of dash) which blocks 7th & 8th gear. Can also be done be choosing 6th gear on the steering wheel ESC buttons. Also works on my 2018. Return to 8th gear when terrain is less extreme.

Burnstork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Love my 2018 Big Horn. Two things I don't like: I wish I had the option to get chrome-clad 17" wheels like I did on my 2014. Also, Android Auto hijacks my phone. On most applications I'm able to minimize my phone's screen if I have to get to something else. Android Auto prevents this by staying on the phone's screen no matter what I do. Hence I turned off the Android Auto in settings. I also wish I could turn off auto-park in settings as with earlier models.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I had this problem on a steep, hilly stretch I drive often. Had a 2014 V6 8-speed with 3:21 gears. Solution: Tow-haul mode (button and bottom center of dash) which blocks 7th & 8th gear. Can also be done be choosing 6th gear on the steering wheel ESC buttons. Also works on my 2018. Return to 8th gear when terrain is less extreme.

Tow haul does not block 7th and 8th gear it will still shift into them. ;)

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish my 18 Sport showed real time tire psi like so many other autos do nowadays. Also your think the vented seats would be colder/stronger considering it's a truck.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish my 18 Sport showed real time tire psi like so many other autos do nowadays. Also your think the vented seats would be colder/stronger considering it's a truck.

My '17 Big Horn shows real time PSI, is it because of a different EVIC or a different year?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish I knew, kind of ridiculous that it doesn't show it anywhere.

I thought even the non-premium cluster showed it....do you have the arrow buttons on your steering wheel? IIRC, on my truck the tire pressure screen is 1 or 2 to the "right" of the general info screen (the one that shows trans temp, oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, etc)

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought even the non-premium cluster showed it....do you have the arrow buttons on your steering wheel? IIRC, on my truck the tire pressure screen is 1 or 2 to the "right" of the general info screen (the one that shows trans temp, oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, etc)
Yeah I have that cluster setup but nowhere do I see tire psi. I'll go check again just to be sure lol

Schultzestrength

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've had my 2018 for 4 weeks and the only thing that I have found that I don't like is the filler neck of the gas tank.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watch the whole vid, but 3 minutes in shows the psi screen

Well that's embarrassing ...
77a5ee5fcb410273fbf5be6701795e4a.jpg

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I Love Texas

I like Texas too... just not right now, when I enjoy 75 degree weather up here and you're, umm, roasting. :p

So since this is law, does it still jack up the gas prices ??

Yes and no. Oregon has no sales tax, and gas taxes, while ugly, aren't as high as WA and CA. I think the fact that we have no refineries of note causes prices to be where they are more than some minimum-wage kid pumping gas.

Also note that New Jersey has the same stupid law.

Who fills the lawnmower?

I take the cans out with me to the gas station and take them out of the truck, they fill the cans, then I put them back in the truck (yeah, it's real dumb.) I fill up my own mower, tractor, chainsaws, weed-whackers, generator, whatever once I'm at home.

They claim it's for safety reasons, but honestly, it's a low-rent jobs program from like the 1950s-1960s or so.

ouvs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't like that I got a 2012 and not a 2013 or newer so I can have the nice cluser and big touch screen.
I wish I went with a 2500 hemi rather than the 1500 because of the cab and bed size. I have a quad cab.
I wish I went with a higher trim package rather than the big horn
I wish I had remote start with uconnect so I can use my phone