What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You would have to because the only point in that connector is so you can remove your tailgate- and since your tailgate lock and your backup camera is in the tailgate, unplugging that connector shuts off your camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I dunno man, I don't remember that happening. Mines a 2015 ram 1500

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You would have to because the only point in that connector is so you can remove your tailgate- and since your tailgate lock and your backup camera is in the tailgate, unplugging that connector shuts off your camera.

He specifically said disconnecting the actuator and if I'm not mistaken previously alluded to performing the tailgate recall himself. So he likely opened the tailgate up at the inspection plate and disconnected at the actuator and not at the tailgate wiring harness...
I dunno man, I don't remember that happening. Mines a 2015 ram 1500

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He specifically said disconnecting the actuator and if I'm not mistaken previously alluded to performing the tailgate recall himself. So he likely opened the tailgate up at the inspection plate and disconnected at the actuator and not at the tailgate wiring harness...Correct me if I'm wrong...

I followed the DIY instructions that were on here, since I wanted to do the recall myself. Especially that the part cost a few dollars. I don't recall losing reverse camera.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My bad Limey, I misread your post and thought you had unplugged the connector at the bottom of your tailgate. Just unplugging the little wiring harness to the lock actuator it self won’t disrupt the operation of your backup camera. Sorry for the confusion.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I followed the DIY instructions that were on here, since I wanted to do the recall myself. Especially that the part cost a few dollars. I don't recall losing reverse camera.

Have you driven the truck in reverse the last few days, weeks, months...???

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
...and you can't remember if the backup camera works?
It worked this morning. Hope that answers your question.

I had performed the removal of the tail gate actuator many months ago and for approx 2 weeks it was disconnected.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It worked this morning. Hope that answers your question.

I had performed the removal of the tail gate actuator many months ago and for approx 2 weeks it was disconnected.

OIC. I didn't realize it had been a temporary situation...

Snapbacknbeard54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love my truck so the list is short.My truck also was it or no truck so it came with what it came with.
- Stereo is pretty weak. The truck is a 2018 but radio looks and feels more like its 2008.
- Having to modify the back seat to fold it down just because they decided to put hooks in that were a little to long.
-The driver side lean.
-Factory Goodyears are pretty terrible.
-I know the last two are specific to me because its an Express, but they are probably the only things I actually HATE about the truck. The rest is just stuff that kinda is what it is. One is no factory bed liner. Yea, I know its an option but mine didn't come with it and it drives me nuts. On the dealer sheet it actually said bed liner delete as an option, which is the stupidest damn thing IMO.
- The second is the how the 17's look on the truck. I put wheel skins on so they look a little better, but they are just too small. it almost look like its riding on spare wheels.
Okay End Rant I promise I really do love my Ram.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
-Factory Goodyears are pretty terrible.
I forgot to add that to my list. Can't wait for them to wear down/out so I can get some KO2's. Techincally, I don't have to wait to wear out the Goodyucks to swap them out, but I will.
The cheapo brakes are another dislike, but those will probably get changed out when I change out the tires.

I would say the MDS is my ultimate hate. I hate, hate, hate it. :D
I do love my truck though. I don't want to sound like I don't like it. I do love it and I do take good care of it.

south7west

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 LoneStar
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I forgot to add that to my list. Can't wait for them to wear down/out so I can get some KO2's. Techincally, I don't have to wait to wear out the Goodyucks to swap them out, but I will.
The cheapo brakes are another dislike, but those will probably get changed out when I change out the tires.

I would say the MDS is my ultimate hate. I hate, hate, hate it. :D
I do love my truck though. I don't want to sound like I don't like it. I do love it and I do take good care of it.

Word of advice, when you start the truck up and shift to drive, hit the gear selector - button first, and then hit the + button until in your gauge cluster the gear limiter moves to 8. This essentially shuts off MDS and allows the truck to shift normally in the full 8 cylinder capacity.

Last edited:

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
- The second is the how the 17's look on the truck. I put wheel skins on so they look a little better, but they are just too small. it almost look like its riding on spare wheels.

17" tires are the same outside diameter as the 20s. In fact trucks that come with 20s have 17" spares...

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Word of advice, when you start the truck up and shift to drive, hit the gear selector + button until in your gauge cluster the gear limiter moves to 8. This essentially shuts off MDS and allows the truck to shift normally in the full 8 cylinder capacity.

You actually have to hit the "-" button first, to enter "manual mode".

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone not washed their truck in a year ? Brake dust in particularly passenger front is more than drivers side front. Seen it on other Rams here also that haven't been washed in a while. My original Goodyear tires are on 55k , probably another 10k left. Outside front wear out .

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2008 Laramie I had and my new 2018 Limited both have/had 20” spares.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
17" tires are the same outside diameter as the 20s. In fact trucks that come with 20s have 17" spares...
I know they all have the same 17" spare steel wheel. I thought I could have sworn I heard somewhere that the 20" have a slightly larger diameter.
OEM 17" OD = 31.6"

OEM 17" Rebel OD = 32.7"

OEM 20" OD = 33"

Here's a great source of tire/wheel info...

https://tiresize.com/tires/Ram/1500/