What happens if I push this button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
At some point through the years, you needed to start holding the button for 2 seconds before it would fire. Not unique to our trucks, my other vehicles do it too. Something to do with the Homelink rolling code security, I think.

I can try that. Not a big deal though as I still have my door opener clipped to the visor. That always works.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Back to the original post, yes they can be programmed for you garage door opener.
I programmed mine but it is not 100% reliable.
It works maybe 90% of the time. It always shows up on the display that it is transmitting, but doesn't always work.

Anyone else have this issue?
Mine works 100% of the time, up to 1/2 a block away, Post you don't have th book for the truck, somewhere in it it tells you how to set it up, I think you hold your opener near the button and push both buttons at the same time , I am about the same age so I could be of on the steps.
I do know it takes longer to find it in the book than do it.
I just have one door so just use the first button, But I like the idea of some here, -20yrs would be great. 20 yrs old , no, no money and driving IHC trucks

JohnDev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can’t get mine to work at all lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Mine works 100% of the time, up to 1/2 a block away, Post you don't have th book for the truck, somewhere in it it tells you how to set it up, I think you hold your opener near the button and push both buttons at the same time , I am about the same age so I could be of on the steps.
I do know it takes longer to find it in the book than do it.
I just have one door so just use the first button, But I like the idea of some here, -20yrs would be great. 20 yrs old , no, no money and driving IHC trucks

I DO have the book and programmed it correctly, or it would not work at all.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought one from a wrecked truck for $60 on eBay and it works great.

TRAXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In all seriousness, I too agree that they dont seem to work 100% of the time. I usually just have to move the truck a few feet and then it seems to work then

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine works 100% and way stronger than remote button. I also like the fact that it is disabled when alarm is set on truck. I never trust leaving my vehicles outside with remote buttons.