What LED's Work with Stock Quad Reflector Dust Caps Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Hey, All.

I just received my new pair of OEM blacked out quad reflector headlight assemblies as my originals are so far gone due to the fact I couldn't fully/properly seal up the highs and lows with the original dust caps due to the fans being too large on my current LED's.

I did my best to install the rubber universal dust caps, but it wasn't too successful and got me to where I am now.

So, before I install my new headlight assemblies, do we know what good quality LED highs/lows are available that I can use the factory dust caps with, with little to no modifications required to them.

Also, I currently have to use decoders on the highs/lows for my current LED's. Is there a good quality set out there that does not require them as I absolutely do not want to have error messages on my EVIC.

Thanks.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey, All.

I just received my new pair of OEM blacked out quad reflector headlight assemblies as my originals are so far gone due to the fact I couldn't fully/properly seal up the highs and lows with the original dust caps due to the fans being too large on my current LED's.

I did my best to install the rubber universal dust caps, but it wasn't too successful and got me to where I am now.

So, before I install my new headlight assemblies, do we know what good quality LED highs/lows are available that I can use the factory dust caps with, with little to no modifications required to them.

Also, I currently have to use decoders on the highs/lows for my current LED's. Is there a good quality set out there that does not require them as I absolutely do not want to have error messages on my EVIC.

Thanks.
I've posted some reviews on using some auxito bulbs that worked well and fit behind the dust covers. Many of the newer bulbs are more compact, meaning they should have no problem fitting behind the dust covers.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I run Fahren in mine too liked them so much switched my car from hids on low to Fahren Led got both low/high Fahren in both vehicle's now

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 on the Fahren. Amazon always has some special pricing on them. Cougar Motor, Tech Max and Auxito all fit behind the dust covers of both low and high beam. They are all CANBUS ready so no resistors or decoders. I went with the Tech Max originally a few years back because they had a great beam pattern but one of the high beam bulbs burned out a little more than a year later. Been using the Fahren since then.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fahrens, can’t beat the price and they’re great quality and well focused output. Quite a few of us are running these, never heard anything but good about them. Can get them even cheaper on sale from time to time. Fit great in the the housings and don’t cause any light out messages or anything.

I bought this set of LED replacements based on reviews from Amazon, Ram Forum members, and other online sites.

I've reviewed the installation details but just haven't got around to installing them yet. The bugs are still crazy where I live. Yesterday they were almost as bad as June.

This is the details section from my Amazon.com purchase of this LED combo set.

Fahren LED details.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Thanks, Everybody!
Truly appreciated.
Does it make any difference that I'm in Ontario, Canada and my truck has mandatory DRL's?
I believe my DRL's activate on my high beams.

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I see several different farhen bulb kinds with different wattage levels and cost.

Which ones are recommended...

I do like bright, crisp, and clear light output.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, Everybody!
Truly appreciated.
Does it make any difference that I'm in Ontario, Canada and my truck has mandatory DRL's?

As soon as the bugs settle down for the Fall, I'll install mine and let you know.

From the many reviews I read, the lights in the link above, seemed to cause the least amount of grief and sounded to me like, plus n play, walk away.

I already own AlphaOBD if that's required but it didn't sound like it to me.

All guesswork, at this point though.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, Brother.
Order two pairs tonight.
One set for highs and one set for lows.
It indicates H11+9005..
I need one of each...
Not sure I’m following you but you should only need one of the sets I linked. That includes the high and low beams for both sides.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, Brother.
Order two pairs tonight.
One set for highs and one set for lows.
It indicates H11+9005..
I need one

The set in the link includes a pair of high beam and a pair of low beam lights. Only 1 set required unless you want spares.

I planned to test them out for about a month before ordering a backup set. And we always have the old lights as a backup.

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Not sure I’m following you but you should only need one of the sets I linked. That includes the high and low beams for both sides.
Thanks, Bud... was thinking it was one or the other... and not a full set of four..
Appreciate the clarification!

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
The set in the link includes a pair of high beam and a pair of low beam lights. Only 1 set required unless you want spares.

I planned to test them out for about a month before ordering a backup set. And we always have the old lights as a backup.

And you as well, Brother... thanks for the clarification... just ordered it up and looking forward to receiving them.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, Everybody!
Truly appreciated.
Technically, yes because of you run them in the highs, they'll be full brightness and blind everyone in front of you. Either that, or they won't come on at all because the voltage is too low. Best option would be to use alfaobd to change the drl location to the turn signals.

OP
OP
C

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Fahrens, can’t beat the price and they’re great quality and well focused output. Quite a few of us are running these, never heard anything but good about them. Can get them even cheaper on sale from time to time. Fit great in the the housings and don’t cause any light out messages or anything.
Thanks, All.

I just received my high/low set and installed today into my new headlight assemblies.
Factory dust caps fit tight, and zero messages on the EVIC; All Is Good!!
Now I just need to adjust the height of the new headlight assemblies tonight.

Great light output!
All in to my door was $100CDN for the full set as pictured.

Attachments

• 20230905_135311.jpg
    20230905_135311.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230905_135347.jpg
    20230905_135347.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 11