What OEM Option Should I Add Next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I've added a remote start to my truck and cracked the backup camera. Now I've been thinking about another project. I've been considering either the rain sensitive wipers or keyless entry.

I'm a little scared of the keyless entry, because it has the possibility to prevent my truck from running. But having done the remote start, I have enough of an understanding to consider pushing ahead.

Anyways, I'm just trying to see what DIY others may be interested in and what other ideas people may have.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Jeep, I have a few idea's although the aren't OEM -

1. Forward facing camera
2. Away to get App's into the radio - Uconnect isn't doing it!
3. Roll up windows

She how smart I think you are, now I have you writing program!

I do love my back-up camera! Thanks for that hard work.

Diller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
A forward facing camera would be great. I stepped down from an F250 to the 1500 and it feels so much bigger because I can't really see the front of the hood. I would love to have a front camera to let me know how far forward I can pull. I would love to see a DIY solution that uses the 8.4AN screen.

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been considering either the rain sensitive wipers or keyless entry.

I'm a little scared of the keyless entry, because it has the possibility to prevent my truck from running. But having done the remote start, I have enough of an understanding to consider pushing ahead.

I'm lost on the "keyless entry" as I thought all our trucks already have that feature?

Rain sensitive wipers? THAT would be pretty cool. You just keep coming up with them and we'll keep installing them!

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I meant passive entry.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Not to stray from the topic but not all trucks have the keyless entry. I dont know if it changed from 2012-2013 but my 12 didnt come factory with keyless. I just had a remote starter put in along with keyless after over a year unlocking my truck like it was the early 90s :roflsquared:

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I already have the power rear window and tow potions.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Power folding mirrors.

Then, post the how-to, because I want that option as well!

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have the mirrors too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if you did the rain sensitive wipers that would give you the ability to have automatic high beams? My understanding is the eye for the autodimming mirrors on the '13's looks the same as the one for rain sensitive wipers. I highly doubt it is the same unit but would be curious as to what parts were needed to make this functional.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I wonder if you did the rain sensitive wipers that would give you the ability to have automatic high beams? My understanding is the eye for the autodimming mirrors on the '13's looks the same as the one for rain sensitive wipers. I highly doubt it is the same unit but would be curious as to what parts were needed to make this functional.

I'm going to do the auto high beams. I hadn't even thought about that one, but it's going to be the easiest to do. For some reason, the rain sensing wipers requires a different windshield.

Edit: The auto highbeam mirror is $670. I'm not doing that.

Edit 2: Turns out the mirror is on eBay for $99. I just picked one up.

Last edited:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
The oem passive entry can't be installed on 2009-2012. But you can get aftermarket systems

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Passive entry. Got it! I like the auto high beam idea!

I don't know where you live but you can use my truck to figure out the power fold mirrors for those of us who don't have it! pulling in the garage without them sucks! :nono:

skip.b

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
How about Auto Dimming inside and outside rear view mirrors?

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I don't know where you live but you can use my truck to figure out the power fold mirrors for those of us who don't have it! pulling in the garage without them sucks! :nono:

Exactly! Wish I had the power fold mirrors for exactly his reason.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The oem passive entry can't be installed on 2009-2012. But you can get aftermarket systems

That's not true. The dealerships claim the backup camera can't be added either. Any option can be added to these trucks. It's just a matter of how much effort and money you want to spend. And of course, you need a dealer that is willing to flash your BCM.

My truck has the power fold mirrors already. I've tried helping people out on the other thread, but so far no one has ordered all of the parts I've recommended. People need the mirrors and door modules.

I've ordered all of the parts for the auto highbeam lights. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I expect it to be about a 10 minute job, plus a BCM flash.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
The ignition control box won't work with the 2009-2012 trucks. It has nothing to do with getting the dealership to flash the computer. The cost to have it retro fitted would well out way the benefits of having it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AxleFolly