What size gas tank do I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Art_in_CO

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited Elite
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2019 Laramie 1500

The window sticker (see attached) doesn't say anything about the gas tank capacity. I read something by another forum member that said a 33 gal tank is standard if you have the 6'4" bed, which I have.

Page 530 of the owner's manual (see attached) says I could have either a 23 gal tank or a 26 gal tank.

I'd rather not run it dry then fill up in order to find out.....

Attachments

• RAM Manual - Page 530.png
    RAM Manual - Page 530.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
  • WindowSticker.pdf
    92 KB · Views: 9

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the 2500 with the 8' bed, and mine came standard with the 32-gal tank. You don't say whether you have Reg Cab or Crew Cab. Or if you bought the truck new. If so, and you have the long bed Crew Cab, then you know if you got the "Optional" 32-gal tank. That aside, all you need to do is run it down to 1/4 tank, then fill it up. While it might not allow you to tell the difference between a 23 and 26-gal tank, it will tell you whether or not you have the 32-gal tank.

OP
OP
A

Art_in_CO

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited Elite
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I bought it used. Only 42K miles. It's a Crew Cab 4X4 - at least that's what its window sticker that I attached says. It has the 6' 4" bed which isn't mentioned on the window sticker.

I'm wondering why there's both a 23 gal and a 26 gal tank...... They're so close in size.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought it used. Only 42K miles. It's a Crew Cab 4X4 - at least that's what its window sticker that I attached says. It has the 6' 4" bed which isn't mentioned on the window sticker.

I'm wondering why there's both a 23 gal and a 26 gal tank...... They're so close in size.
That I can't say.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Laramie 1500

The window sticker (see attached) doesn't say anything about the gas tank capacity. I read something by another forum member that said a 33 gal tank is standard if you have the 6'4" bed, which I have.

Page 530 of the owner's manual (see attached) says I could have either a 23 gal tank or a 26 gal tank.

I'd rather not run it dry then fill up in order to find out.....
I assume you have an odometer and a fuel gauge. Those 2 things go a LONG way in making sure you don't run out of gas. Also, your owner's manual should inform you of which tank capacity you have.