What to do about shocks in Belize?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Guapo Phil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2016 Ram Big Horn Belize.jpg I am in Belize, Central America and my 2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Hemi is with me. I read the post and try to keep up with maintenance carefully. My concern is getting the recommended parts such as shocks since I have 54k miles on it.

Can anyone provide me with a list of good shocks, not the high priced ones on an a-list. The parts store here are limited on what they carry. Having a part shipped in is a premium with duty and shipping. At times just getting the part at the parts store is cheaper than buying the part on sale in the USA and paying shipping and duty. Go figure.

I want to replace my Ram's shocks. I do some off-road but not much. The roads here are being improved from unpaved to paved. Still I need to keep the Ram purring. Thank you.

Last edited:

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure you've got Napa in Central America, and Napa should be able to offer you KYB shocks. KYB's Monomax are great shocks that will last a very long time. In the USA the retail cost of Monomax is right around $100 per corner. KYB also makes a more affordable (still monotube) shock called Gas-A-Just, my experience on other platforms is they're stiffer but they do still last until a week or two past forever.

Napa also distributes Tenneco (Rancho) but I'm less impressed by their quality.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you doing this on necessity?

I had 100k miles on my shocks and they were fine.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I second that.

I had KYB Monomax's on my last truck and I really liked them.

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you doing this on necessity?

I had 100k miles on my shocks and they were fine.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
I second this.. unless the trucks had a really rough life or the shocks are leaking it shouldn't need shocks yet.