What to use on Bakflip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal Bomber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As title states, I have the Bakflip MX4. Since it's black matter and rubber seals, it's there one product that covers both?

iHemiMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
As title states, I have the Bakflip MX4. Since it's black matter and rubber seals, it's there one product that covers both?

Maybe try Chemical Guys VRP (Vinyl, Rubber, & Plastic) that’s what I use to liven up my rubber trim every so often. Will also be effective on your black tonneau

2016 5.7L Ram 1500 QC

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Our VRT would do a good job on your cover, just remember less is more, works great on your tires too.
Here's a little info...…..
Advances in polymer technology allowed us to keep the same amazing water based, low gloss formula and make it water proof. The special additive allows the product to stand up to multiple washings, hundreds of miles of rain driving, and it even reduces surface tension so much that water will literally roll right off of your trim and tires.

• Leaves a Crisp, Sharp Freshly Detailed Look
  • Durable SPF 35 Protection
  • Dries, No Worry of Sling on your Paint
  • Water Repellent
  • Made in
    USA.png

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/wheels-tires/adam-s-super-vrt-tire-trim-dressing.html

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve used the 303 on my bakindustries mx4 and it looked great until 2 days later. Cover looked brown from dust due to where I live (West Texas). Chemical guys vrp is what I’m trying next, I believe it is supposed to repel dust. Bak recommends 303 fwiw

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoCal Bomber

SoCal Bomber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve used the 303 on my bakindustries mx4 and it looked great until 2 days later. Cover looked brown from dust due to where I live (West Texas). Chemical guys vrp is what I’m trying next, I believe it is supposed to repel dust. Bak recommends 303 fwiw
I also been using 303 with the same issues. Needless to say I'm not impressed with product. It's now my wheelwell cleaner till gone.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also been using 303 with the same issues. Needless to say I'm not impressed with product. It's now my wheelwell cleaner till gone.

Glad I’m not the only one. The cover looked so bad after a few days I couldn’t believe all the praise it receives.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just used Meguires VTR and it seemed to work well.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
303 Aerospace protectant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This or use Wolfgang exterior trim sealant. This stuff is amazing and dust doesn't stick to it. Nor does it look faded.