What's with all of the hatred for these 2019 Ram's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I don't about y'all but I get nothing but lip about my Ram 1500. Garbage trucks ,don't waste your money Fiat Chrysler is horrible etc...I don't get it. This is by far the best truck I've owned,not perfect but darn close.
I agree all the way. Mine is great and I love it.

Trey J

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard nothing but good things about the 2019s. I love them and am thinking about adding to my collection with Ramtastic II. Really love my 2012 also. imagejpeg_11.jpg

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
For sure .Ram has great packages, decent pricing.I Qualified for 0 percent financing,90 days until first payment plus my dealer offers lifetime power train warranty.A lot of folks just don't like Ram , baffles me .

90 days until first payment.....pffft. NOT a deal....they'll tac those 3 months onto the end of the loan, when the vehicle is far from new.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a loyal Ram owner, and had every intention of upgrading to a 2019 2500/3500. However, with all the issues I'm reading about, from current 19 owners, I will pass. Over on the 5thgenrams forum, there is a laundry list of issues, which are causing some owners to seek out lemon laws, and ask for buy backs from the dealer. Until Ram addresses/acknowledges some of these issues, I will not be buying.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I can give you my personal experience as I currently own a 2018 Longhorn and a 2019 Lone Star (my daughter-in-law drive the 2019). Both have been stellar without issues. So, today I got the itch and took the 2018 Longhorn in to look at trading it for a 2019 Longhorn especially because it has a lower floor height than the fold flat floor in my 2018 and would be easier for my aging dog to jump into. I had researched the Longhorns in my area, found the one I wanted and had a 9:00 a.m. appointment at the dealer. I arrived at the dealer who had the truck ready for a test drive so we just in and away we went. Less than a mile or so down the highway, the 8.4" screen went black as midnight. I know there have been issues with the larger screen but thought the 8.4 has been working fine since it's been out a few years. You could still hear the music but the screen was dead.

We did everything from pulling it over and restarting the truck (including opening/closing the doors) to the salesman pressing buttons to do a "reset" and nothing would work. On the way back to the dealership, he informed me they have been having problems with the 2019 radios and other equipment far more than they ever did on the 2017 or 2018 models. He even admitted that he'd pulled it around from the back of the shop as it was back there because the radio failed on a previous test drive and the shop thought they had fixed the problem. Of course, they had six other Longhorns in stock and I could look at one of them or they could give me one as a loaner while they fixed the one "I was going to purchase." I asked him if he actually thought I had lost my F*%$&^G mind and he looked disappointed. I was polite after that and simply stated I was more than happy to keep my 2018 and thank God the 2019 was performing flawlessly since we purchased it.

My daughter-in-law loves the 2019 she has and in turn I'm very happy as well as I don't have to deal with shop issues but if the test drive I had today was indicative of the failures and moronic efforts to rectify issues is an example of the guys having problems, then I fully understand all the trash and hate talk.

Ram Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The heck with all the haters I like my truck 2019 Ram Tradesman and wouldn't trade it for any other truck on the market now performance is great ride is great and I just love it for what it is. Pretty much what I paid for . Thank you!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have to say what I’ve said before, find me a first year vehicle with NO problems I’ll say it’s a vehicle that never moves. I like what my Ram brings to the table and I got mine with just the needed things. I’m sure if I would have went with all of the bells and whistles, I would probably have problems also.

The great part is that’s what warranties are for and just because a handful of folks are pushing for lemon laws, does not mean it’s not a good truck.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Please don’t get me wrong as I’m continuing to look for a 2019 and I will ultimately trade but the experience yesterday at least helped me understand some of the issues some guys are experiencing. Needless to say, the dealer didn’t help the situation at all as they could have simply told me they didn’t have the model I was seeking and left it at that until they had it fully functional for the next sales opportunity.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to say what I’ve said before, find me a first year vehicle with NO problems I’ll say it’s a vehicle that never moves.

^^This, and with more tech being added the issues could extend beyond the first year....only time will tell

Last edited:

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please don’t get me wrong as I’m continuing to look for a 2019 and I will ultimately trade but the experience yesterday at least helped me understand some of the issues some guys are experiencing. Needless to say, the dealer didn’t help the situation at all as they could have simply told me they didn’t have the model I was seeking and left it at that until they had it fully function for the next sales opportunity.

If you're serious about buying one, I would ask the dealer if you can borrow it for a day, to test it out.

Check the front and rear of the cab for water leaks. Fully test the HVAC system (all modes). Finally, make sure there are no clunks or vibrations. I think those are probably the biggest three complaints right now.

quikmofo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
[QUOTE="Fatbob Frank, post: 2116928, member: 73382]
I agree, most of the dislike I've heard about the new Rams has been from Gen 4 owners...[/QUOTE]

I’m a gen 4 owner and liked the truck so much I bought a gen 5. My 2014 Laramie Longhorn is one of the best vehicles I’ve ever owned, bar none, and I’ve owned many high end vehicles. It has 63000 miles and I just changed the original brake pads about a month ago. The last GM I owned had to change pads and rotors at 20000. Used to be a GM guy until I got a bad one then switched to Ram and haven’t looked back. Just bought a 2020 Limited last week and it’s unbelievable so far. More luxurious than my wife’s Escalade. Rides better, better sound system, better gas mileage. I’m blown away by it honestly.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I really like my laramie and when I tow my travel trailer to a park or anyplace, I see more ram trucks there than other brands. I just returned from 3300 mile trip thru the mountains and yellowstone and montana and my truck was a blast to drive..got as much as 21.6 mpg in wyoming and handled the twisty mountain roads like a sports car. everybody that has rode in my truck has said they are impressed with it. it is much more fun to drive than the 2017 gmc sierra slt 4x4 ccsb I had before.

reefer451

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The exterior styling of gen 5 really took a hit in my opinion. But anybody who is bad mouthing the drive train or the build quality just plainly doesn't know what they are talking about. That's about 75% of the population. And there are some major improvements that make me want a gen 5 like the headlights and interior. But my '14 is just getting broken in and it will be another 5 years before I'll be in the market for a new truck.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m starting to see a lot of 19’s around here, and like anything new it takes a while to warm up. Personally I like them. Not enough to move me out of my trouble free 2017 Laramie yet as it only has 16k miles (and I own it).

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
IMO the new generation looks too generic. Dodge/Ram always had a distinctive look, now it's kind of like all the rest of them. Also there are some grumblings out there about the dependability of Dodge/Ram over the years, but IMO that's gone, though the impression lingers. I always owned Toyotas and a Ford before getting my Ram, but have always liked the styling of them, until the 5th gen hit.