Wheel hop and rear shock recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh0isthis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 SLT CREW CAB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good Sunday brothers ,

So I decided to do a 2 inch lift with the maxtrac suspension with fox shocks about a year and half ago.

I noticed now that my rear end now hops when I go over a pot hole or worse when I am turning and pot hole equals rear end hopping. At times it can get really scary but also being dramatic.

I also want to upgrade my rear end shocks but not sure what would be the best upgrade.

2014 Dodge ram 1500 4x2

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exactly, some rear control arms will solve wheel hop issues. Let us know if we can set you up. We also offer may brands of shocks if you still want to swap yours out

Just send me a message and we can go over info and pricing

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell yeah core 4x4 is the control arms
You need to solve your issue brother. They come with a life time replacement guarantee, if you somehow manage to break them. They are pretty beefy, far above any I have saw thus far. If you do go this route, these arms aren’t like stock control arms. DO NOT over torque them. 135 ft/lbs upper and 145ft/lbs lower. You’ll want to have the Johnny joints on the frame facing front and the bushings to the axel. I’d start with the top arms first and the bottoms last. Make sure you grease the mating surfaces on the bushings before install. You’ll have to have a jack handy to lift the rear diff To get the LCAs to fit. Lift on the yoke if you want to diff in, place jack on diff if you want to move out. Well I may have went overboard with the details but if you go core 4x4, you’ll know how To install correctly and you’ll love them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wh0isthis

Wh0isthis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hell yeah core 4x4 is the control arms
You need to solve your issue brother. They come with a life time replacement guarantee, if you somehow manage to break them. They are pretty beefy, far above any I have saw thus far. If you do go this route, these arms aren’t like stock control arms. DO NOT over torque them. 135 ft/lbs upper and 145ft/lbs lower. You’ll want to have the Johnny joints on the frame facing front and the bushings to the frame. I’d start with the top arms first and the bottoms last. Make sure you grease the mating surfaces on the bushings before install. You’ll have to have a jack handy to lift the rear diff To get the LCAs to fit. Lift on the yoke if you want to diff in, place jack on diff if you want to move out. Well I may have went overboard with the details but if you go core 4x4, you’ll know how To install correctly and you’ll love them.

Thanks for this great write up !!! I really appreciate it a lot.

My question is do I need to purchase the entire core 4 x 4 setup or just the lowers or uppers?

Thanks again.

OP
OP
Wh0isthis

Wh0isthis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Core4x4 arms and panhard bar with hellwig rear swaybar was one of my best upgrades to my truck. No bouncing left to right after bumps, no wheelhop either, feels much more stable.

Do you have a link for the panhard / hellwig swaybar set-up?

OP
OP
Wh0isthis

Wh0isthis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly, some rear control arms will solve wheel hop issues. Let us know if we can set you up. We also offer may brands of shocks if you still want to swap yours out

Just send me a message and we can go over info and pricing

Thank you Nick, I will contact you as soon as I can to pick your brain for pricing thank you !

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
pan hard bar is by Core 4x4, rear control arms are from Apoc Industries.

20200625_192041.jpg

20200625_193302.jpg

OP
OP
Wh0isthis

Wh0isthis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot to completely ask this. But since I will most likely do what is recommended here . Since I will be replacing these arms in the rear what shocks should I go with for the rear of the truck ? Should I just stick to Fox shocks for the rear or belstein ones ?

Thanks again

OP
OP
Wh0isthis

Wh0isthis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pan hard bar is by Core 4x4, rear control arms are from Apoc Industries.

View attachment 213582

View attachment 213583

Awesome ! Ok so just go ahead and replace both upper and lower and looks like I will stick to the Fox shocks since I have them in the front. Would you happen to know the part number for the fox shocks for the rear

On a 2014 Dodge ram 1500 4x2 ?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I can heck, or check Maxtrac site, I think they have them listed.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
How did you get the APOCs in white? I feel I saw only black... did you color them post purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they do in house powder coating, they sent me a link, I chose PW7 white to match truck.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
they do in house powder coating, they sent me a link, I chose PW7 white to match truck.

Was that additional? Just wondering if color brings it more on par to Core links or if it’s no charge to color... thanks.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for this great write up !!! I really appreciate it a lot.

My question is do I need to purchase the entire core 4 x 4 setup or just the lowers or uppers?

Thanks again.
Just lower control arms will solve the wheel hop. But if you going all out like I did, get the panhard bar, upper, lowers, and the end links. I also grabbed the hellwig sway bar!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Was that additional? Just wondering if color brings it more on par to Core links or if it’s no charge to color... thanks.

yes it was an add on.

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
How does replacing the rear lowers stop wheel hop?