Wheel well liner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MEAT SHIELD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
What would be the effect of me removing my front wheel well liners. Currently have a 6 inch lift on . Am I going to damage my engine ? I just don’t like the way they look. Plus I put a pre runner bumper on and am planning on putting a long travel kit on . Are the forward wheel well liners necessary? Thanks!

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I sure as hell wouldn't want all that crap blowing into my engine compartment, not to mention water all over all your electrical stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know of a few people that have trimmed the front liners down on all sorts of vehicles
Some even cut the center section out to access the spark plugs & they cover the the hole with a more flexible material

That keeps the mud & other debris from coming in contact with anything important

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Speaking from experience, you want to leave them in. I removes mine tondo my headers, and left them out for a while so I could re tourqe my bolts. It's been about a year now. Mud/ salt/ water etc all gets thrown up into the engine compartment and electrical like these other guys have said. Had to so some major cleaning! Old liners were pretty beat up, so I got a new set from 1a auto. Going in this weekend. Unless you don't drive your truck, I would leave them be

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500