Where does this plug go?? Am I an idiot or am I an idiot????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blakeaf96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay so I removed the entire dash to replace the dash cover. Putting it back in now and I'm down to 1 plug that I cannot find a connection for.

It's hooked to the main wiring harness (with the multi pin plug in so there's not much slack at all in the wire) BUT I cannot find ANYWHERE this plugs in. I've spend an hour looking all under there... The wire so short it has got to plug in right there where the multi pin wiring harness hooks up but there's no connector!!! See pictures... About to lose my mind on this one....

Notice in the pictures, the WHITE plug is the only one left...

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
On newer Rams, they put the same standard pig tails in the vehicles, even if there is no attaching pigtail.
( like the wiring coming from the engine bay would be in place, even though there was no integrated brake controller to plug it into. So they just use black tape to wrap that unused wire to other wire under the dash )
Other times, they use a DUMMY plug, that the hanging wire connector plugs into