Where would you go from here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
WHO TF would spend that kinda green on a bottle of bubbly?? Good Lawd..THAT'S a lot of goodies for the baby!! (My PW) ;) I'm good with my 16 oz Miller's....

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Changed your mind on the champagne?
I was going to say, had it not been a 14 hour work day yesterday....., "Good lord that's a lotta money!"

When you guys lower your tire pressure, how low to you go?
I don’t go down lower then 25-27 some go down to 20. I don’t have bead lockers so I’m nervous about busting a bead. On board air setup as mentioned above is the way to go if you are getting serious.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum and Power Wagons.
My first truck was a 73 Dodge 2WD that I bought for $700 in 1986. I loved that truck and it went everywhere!
The next Dodge/Ram that I bought was 2 years ago.....not sure why I waited so long, but I bought a 2016 Ram 2500 long bed diesel 4x4. I really love this truck but I want something that's better for off road and just plain fun!

I'm in the process of buying a new 2018 lifted (by the dealer) Power Wagon.
I live in Hawaii for now, but will be moving to Idaho in about 2 years. The Power Wagon will be perfect for the mountains there!

Here is what the dealer has done so far:
4" BDS lift
Nitto Grappler 37's
XD custom wheels
Line-X bed liner
Custom front & rear adjustable track bars
Calibrated speedometer/computer
Custom exhaust

I'll probably take a few weeks/months to get used to the truck, but I've never been one to leave things alone......
Where would you guys go from here?
Pedal Commander, programmer, etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
With those 37" tires, you're gonna want 4.56 or 4.88 gears in the rears.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Wait, gotta call BS on the Pedal Commander voiding warranty. I've had my truck in to the dealer numerous times for warranty work and they never said a word about it. It's not a programmer, so there's no tune. BTW, awesome job on your PW, been following that thread.
+1^^^^^

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Changed your mind on the champagne?
I was going to say, had it not been a 14 hour work day yesterday....., "Good lord that's a lotta money!"

When you guys lower your tire pressure, how low to you go?
20 psi

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
With those 37" tires, you're gonna want 4.56 or 4.88 gears in the rears.
Not true. Lots of us, myself included have 37's and the 4.10 gears. PW runs this just fine

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Not true. Lots of us, myself included have 37's and the 4.10 gears. PW runs this just fine

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I have a 2500 CCLB 392 with 4.10s and 33's. I can't imagine how lousy it would feel with 37s. I am considering 5.13s now. Everybody drives different I guess.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not in my State of NY no more mags on AR's have to hand load from top into a fixed 6 round clip. Nice Huuuuh
Ouch!
That's one of the main reasons that we want to leave HI. Too many morons on Oahu making too many goofy rules about people on other islands......
Gotta get my family to a "Free State."

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
...sorry we are not allowed to go down this rabbit trail according forum rule book.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thanks guys!
I've got the flashlights, tow straps, and other emergency supplies in every truck that we have, including a huge first aid kit.

Hadn't thought of clevises, and the chainsaw!

As for the lift, the dealer already installed it.
I could have waited for them to bring one in that is stock, but I need the heavy truck for taxes before the end of the year, and since it's a 2018, the incentives are really good.

It sounds like I would definitely like the Pedal Commander too.
I need one for our diesel long bed too!

It says a lot when someone asks, "What else does my truck need," and the replies are common sense items to carry in the truck and not tons of actual mods to the truck!

So did you buy it? If so need pics. ;)

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I did. The paperwork should be here today. I have to sign it and send it back to the dealer on the Mainland.
Then they will ship it to me.
Should be here by mid December.

These are the dealer's pics. The 2nd one is the PW sitting next to a stock Ram 2500 4x4.

3w_800.jpg

IMG_9484.JPG

xg_800.jpg

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
NICE. Tire/wheel spec on that beast.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I did. The paperwork should be here today. I have to sign it and send it back to the dealer on the Mainland.
Then they will ship it to me.
Should be here by mid December.

These are the dealer's pics. The 2nd one is the PW sitting next to a stock Ram 2500 4x4.

View attachment 186052

View attachment 186053

View attachment 186055
Nice rig. Too bad you are in the blue state... at least you don’t have to worry about ammo, but you still can use you storage for beer like @Grand Mesa
:cheers:

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Nice rig. Too bad you are in the blue state... at least you don’t have to worry about ammo, but you still can use you storage for beer like @Grand Mesa
:cheers:
:banghead:One day soon........We already bought a house in Idaho, just gotta get my employees in shape to take over the company! My wife and kids can't wait, which makes it much harder to be patient......