Which models are stolen most?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostnumberone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
I had State Farm for a few decades, then someone mentioned Progressive to me when I was buying a motorcycle and State Farm at the time wouldn't sell me a policy. Saved quite a bit so moved everything to Progressive. Later an insurance discussion came up with my father in law somehow. He suggested I try USAA for a quote. I was skeptical, but gave them a try with same line by line coverage. Was surprised to find that if I moved everything to them I'd drop almost 20%. No this isn't a commercial, nor do I get paid by USAA. :)

If you qualify for USAA, requirements on website, but basically were in the military or close family member was you can join. I've gotten quotes a couple times since, and they're still the best priced for me. Thought I would pass this along as every dollar matters! Oh and btw, I've had a claim on house and car since being with USAA. They have been there just like I had hoped each time. No struggles. Hope this helps someone!
I had USAA for years, then in 2018 homeowners jumped sky high. Check them each year since and all is competitive except the homeowner's for me. Never a claim, and we live in MO. When I called to ask why, was told must have have been many claims in the state. State farm beats them by prob 30 %

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
WOW !!! I was insuring a stupid 2010 Prius and I put my 11 Ram 1500 on and took the stupid Prius off and my bill dropped $224 a year. Just another reason why I hate the Prius and only use it now as a winter / salt car.

Big Jims 1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
December 2022 I moved from Wayne County (Detroit) to Oakland County, one county northwest. With 4 months left on my policy my insurance company sent me a check for $200. Come renewal the first part of April they raised my rate $400. No tickets or accidents. Just goes to show what a racket insurance is. Michigan is the worst.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW !!! I was insuring a stupid 2010 Prius and I put my 11 Ram 1500 on and took the stupid Prius off and my bill dropped $224 a year. Just another reason why I hate the Prius and only use it now as a winter / salt car.

Once the insurance companies gather enough historical data and learn about replacement costs related to a Li battery fire, EV insurance costs are bound to explode.

Pardon the pun. :cool:

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok let's be focused on the original post question.
Forget your insurance misinformation.
The most stolen OF ALL BRANDS OF VEHICLES ARE KEYLESS STARTS.
Now you know.
Easy is easy for you and thieves
Take that keyless junk back to the dealer..

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Now you know.
I assume you're referring to "remote" start, as my "push-button" start is also keyless.

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had USAA for years, then in 2018 homeowners jumped sky high. Check them each year since and all is competitive except the homeowner's for me. Never a claim, and we live in MO. When I called to ask why, was told must have have been many claims in the state. State farm beats them by prob 30 %
Similar experience here. Had USAA for more than 20 years, always competitive with good rates. Then when my twins got their drivers license USAA wanted to raise my car insurance $4200 a year on top of the current premium. Spoke with several agents and one finally admitted USAA doesn’t like the risk of new drivers so they use inflated premiums to discourage inexperienced drivers. Went to GEICO and their premiums were less than half of USAA.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now you know.

LOL, thanks for your input.

I wasn't aware of the security risks associated with proximity start buttons when I bought my truck although, knowing that now and also being aware of mitigation strategies, I'd still likely make the same choice.

I'd be quite surprised if anyone would find my kill switch and even if they did, few would be able to successfully close it. It's not that simple for my installation. :cool:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I have 811 on speed dial if someone tries to steal my vehicle….

I don’t know if Canada has a similar system for calls…

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have 811 on speed dial if someone tries to steal my vehicle….

I don’t know if Canada has a similar system for calls…
???...811 is the number you call before you dig a trench to find out if there are utility lines buried in that area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bj Binette

Bj Binette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now you know.
So I guess you have NO information. Just wise cracks. That's fine too because I do funny too

Shiva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I assume you're referring to "remote" start, as my "push-button" start is also keyless.
No I am not referring to remote start.
Push-button or keyless whatever.
The ones that get stolen because no key gets inserted.
You know. All the stolen ones.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Then that would be all of them nowadays.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And back when all vehicles used keyed ignitions, all the stolen ones were keyed ignitions. Those are actually the easiest to steal too, since you don’t need any special equipment to do it.
How bout them Kia’s? Those have keyed ignitions with no IMMO, and there’s actually a class action lawsuit against them for how easy and how many are getting stolen.

Atonsplitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 2019 Ram Tradsman classic 1500. The truck does not have a proximity key, the key has to be inserted into the dash and turned to start. It does have a remote start as an aftermarket add on.
My question is the same as the OP but more specific, can someone use a signal amplifier to start my truck if I don’t have a proximity key?
Even if I get into my truck after starting it with the aftermarket remote the truck will turn off if I touch the breaker or shift to drive.