Which Octane gas are you using?

Which Octane Gas are you using in your 5.7 L Hemi?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm actually working but I found this in a couple minutes it wasn't tough , go to fuel-testers .com they claim its 50 times greater water absorption

I think we all have day jobs lol.

You made the claim, you provide the source. I did so, you can too.

Without evidence to back up your claims they're worthless.

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm actually working but I found this in a couple minutes it wasn't tough , go to fuel-testers .com they claim its 50 times greater water absorption

Go to fuel-testers .com if you don't like that
Type in the Google line e-10 fuel absorbs 50 times more water then regular gas

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi

No thanks. I found the sources for my own arguments. If you want to be part of an intelligent discussion over something you bring your own sources.

Just throw the link in here and I'll check it out. I did you that courtesy.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is by far the most biased anti-ethanol site I've seen to date. I could also Google jade helm takeover and find websites that show martial law could go into effect at any time, both sites are just as believe able. Keep drinking the anti ethanol lobby kool-aid though.

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
You have been courteous that's a laugh , dont look It up I don't care it's not my job to educate you , besides I want you to use all the crap fuel you can get

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You have been courteous that's a laugh , dont look It up I don't care it's not my job to educate you , besides I want you to use all the crap fuel you can get

I think you may legitimately have a mental impairment.

Please, do us and yourself a favor and leave this thread. You clearly lack an understanding of these things and are only good for spreading useless, incorrect information that you glean from completely biased internet websites.

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Of course they are and your sources are without question , use that ethanol fuel while you can , the boondoggle is running out , just think then you will be able to go out and buy ethanol for let's say 5$ a gal if your lucky and dump it in your gas tank , can't wait to see that

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is by far the most biased anti-ethanol site I've seen to date. I could also Google jade helm takeover and find websites that show martial law could go into effect at any time, both sites are just as believe able. Keep drinking the anti ethanol lobby kool-aid though.

They have some statements that are just plain WRONG. From this page: E10 Ethanol: Recommended engine precautions

"If water contaminates (WC) your gas, the fuel will dilute and the octane level can drop up to 4 points."

Uh, what? What the hell do you think **** injection is? It's mostly water, and it doesn't lower the fuel octane lol.

Here's another one that's completely wrong, from this page: E85 Flex Fuel Vehicles - Alternative and renewable fuel.

"The U.S. currently imports about 50% of petroleum we use!"

Uh, no it doesn't.

From here: How much oil consumed by the United States comes from foreign sources? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

"In 2014, about 27% of the petroleum consumed by the United States was imported from foreign countries,1 the lowest level since 1985."

This website is a joke. They use fear mongering to get you to buy a test kit that you don't even need... You can use a graduated cylinder to test for alcohol percentage...

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'm not sure you understand what your even reading , let me try to explain it , when phase separation occurs the water and ethanol separate from the gas and settle to the bottom of the tank , removing the ethanol from the rest of the fuel In the tank drops the octane rating for the remainder of the fuel by something like 4 points , the risk is detonation from lower octane fuel

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hemifatboy

This message is hidden because Hemifatboy is on your ignore list.

Yep, as far as I'm concerned, he's through with this subject (and all others), even if I did had to help him live up to his promise.

Just put him on mine as well. Ahh yess, the sweet sound of one less ignorant idiot I have to listen to.

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Ouch , Under the bed that's two insulting drones , at least you'll have company ,victory is sweet

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ten pages later and I guess i'm still a little confused....

Whose gonna win this ******* contest?

If you have questions, I'm happy to try and help answer them!

No one ever wins when trolls are involved.

Yep. Though I think this guy may just be dumb. That's why he's on the ignore list now.

All I ever want is an intelligent conversation. Occasionally I have one where the other guy makes a point and backs it up and I learn something. Do that often enough and you really start to figure out the truth behind things. I actually used to believe ethanol was terrible and e10 was bad and I only ever bought 100% gas, but then I talked to a guy that knew a lot more than I did and he showed me that wasn't the case.

My money's on Dub

:big_banana_Dance:

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Out from under the bed to hurl insults and what back under the bed , blahahaha

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
sooo... your saying ethanol does absorb moisture but the amount will not effect anything? See I just bought a generator, and I want to fill that bad rabbit up and let it sit for years on end, I was just going to pour a bottle of Star tron into it and hope for the best when the lights go out. Im not trying to debate the topic. Im just trying to get a straight answer so I dont have to weed though the two of you going back and forth. Plus im lazy as ***, so help a brotha out!

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
sooo... your saying ethanol does absorb moisture but the amount will not effect anything? See I just bought a generator, and I want to fill that bad rabbit up and let it sit for years on end, I was just going to pour a bottle of Star tron into it and hope for the best when the lights go out. Im not trying to debate the topic. Im just trying to get a straight answer so I dont have to weed though the two of you going back and forth. Plus im lazy as ***, so help a brotha out!

Both gasoline and ethanol will absorb water.

If it's in a sealed container in your garage or a place where the temperature isn't going to vary a ridiculous amount or see actual weather, then ethanol can be stored for years. I've done it with a 55 gal drum of e85 from a gas station in my mustang. I measured it every time it came out of the drum and it was always spot on.

Just make sure your generator is capable of running e10 or anything else. Some don't have the correct fuel lines or pumps.

Hemifatboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Now let's see if your money is on dub , is the entire fuel system compatible with e-10 , will there be temperature swings that cause condensation and water in fuel , is the fuel tank vented , e-10 will suck water right out of the air , hmmmm go for it, why buy reg gas and some stabil and be sure