which sandwich thermostat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BennyL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500
Engine
5.7L
2020 Ram crewcab 1500 5.7 20,000 miles. As recommended on this forum I installed a remote dual filter mount using Fram FE8A filters to reduce my oil temperature, which gets to 255 when towing a 6000 lb. camper, about 212 when not towing. The dual filters are mounted on a cross member below the front of the engine. It appears that there is very little air flow to that area, and I cannot see where the dual filters have done anything to cool the oil. So I want to add a cooler, 50-634-7612, and a thermostat. A sandwich thermostat would be a lot easier to install than an inline thermostat. And less fittings to leak.
Improved racing and Summit Racing appear to have the same sandwich thermostat for about $250. Setrab has a sandwich thermostat for $103 plus about $44 for fittings.

Setrab seems to have a good reputation from my research. Can anyone comment on the quality, pressure drop, or any other useful information from these manufacturers?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2020 Ram crewcab 1500 5.7 20,000 miles. As recommended on this forum I installed a remote dual filter mount using Fram FE8A filters to reduce my oil temperature, which gets to 255 when towing a 6000 lb. camper, about 212 when not towing. The dual filters are mounted on a cross member below the front of the engine. It appears that there is very little air flow to that area, and I cannot see where the dual filters have done anything to cool the oil. So I want to add a cooler, 50-634-7612, and a thermostat. A sandwich thermostat would be a lot easier to install than an inline thermostat. And less fittings to leak.
Improved racing and Summit Racing appear to have the same sandwich thermostat for about $250. Setrab has a sandwich thermostat for $103 plus about $44 for fittings.

Setrab seems to have a good reputation from my research. Can anyone comment on the quality, pressure drop, or any other useful information from these manufacturers?