Which Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89stang1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a tuner main reason is delete MDS. I have a 2014 ram 1500 5.7, the two i'm considering are Superchips 1500 Flashpaq F5 Tuner or the Diablosport Predator 2 Platinum, superchips is a little cheaper.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HP Tuners is the only way to go. ;)

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Realize if you want to go further than a canned tune, it's best to spend $$ once not twice.

Go HP and get the custom tune. Or just put something like a pedal commander or roar pedal or the banks setup which plugs into the old port to accommodate you must issues

Don't waste money on Diablo o others.. it will lead to frustration

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2L
I have not personally had any issues with my Diablo Trinity T2, but it seems I read posts every once in a while from people who have. I also never mess with the custom tune or switch tunes. Based on the experience of people who have way more experience on these tuners than me, I would probably go with HP tuners if I were to do it again.

I don't think I've ever come across a post that HP tuners bricked an ECU. And it seems most professionals use HP tuners. You should reach out to whomever you want to perform the custom tuning and ask them which platform they prefer.

Fearing my tuner may bring my ECU if I ever do want to change or modify a tune isn't exactly ideal...

Last edited:
OP
OP
89stang1

89stang1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would do the HP tune but not looking to spend that much, really just looking to delete mds and if it picks up a couple hp and torque I'll be happy. Never felt the mds before truck went in for 5 recalls. Im thinkin truck had tune before recall im not original owner. I'm leaning towards Superchips reviews not too bad and if i got to eat this tuner down the road atleast its pretty cheap.