which turbo system is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
https://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/junkyard-hemi-turbo/

I can't find the Ebay turbo system they mentioned in this article, anyone know?

I picked up an 04 Hemi ram for $500 not running, fixed electrical and it runs great. I want to make it a fun track truck.
I remember finding the ebay turbo that they used at one time but I can't find it anywhere. But, the good news is there are plenty of ebay GT45 turbo kits available on the cheap like this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intercoole...460910?hash=item343f8c556e:g:Q2gAAOSwswRgYXRp

I installed this exact kit on a friend's 2009 5.7 Eagle motor that was in a 1968 Dodge Dart. A friend of ours did the tuning using HP Tuners and we did it remotely using a Go-to-Meeting connection of all things. He had some tuning files that he had made for this kit from some earlier builds so it was a no-brainer.On the first pull it made 543HP at 6.8 psi. We set it up for 12 psi of boost and 19° of total timing and made 732HP with an 11.4:1 AFR.

The only real issue we were having was high intake air temps because the intercooler in the kit is on the small side. Later on down the road a larger intercooler and interchiller setup was installed with an ice tank and he was able to get the high intake temps under control.

All in all, for a cheap GT45 ebay turbo it made some crazy power and this car went
10.30's @ 137mph weighing 2600lbs.

OP
OP
capt

capt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I remember finding the ebay turbo that they used at one time but I can't find it anywhere. But, the good news is there are plenty of ebay GT45 turbo kits available on the cheap like this one...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intercoole...460910?hash=item343f8c556e:g:Q2gAAOSwswRgYXRp

I installed this exact kit on a friend's 2009 5.7 Eagle motor that was in a 1968 Dodge Dart. A friend of ours did the tuning using HP Tuners and we did it remotely using a Go-to-Meeting connection of all things. He had some tuning files that he had made for this kit from some earlier builds so it was a no-brainer.On the first pull it made 543HP at 6.8 psi. We set it up for 12 psi of boost and 19° of total timing and made 732HP with an 11.4:1 AFR.

The only real issue we were having was high intake air temps because the intercooler in the kit is on the small side. Later on down the road a larger intercooler and interchiller setup was installed with an ice tank and he was able to get the high intake temps under control.

All in all, for a cheap GT45 ebay turbo it made some crazy power and this car went
10.30's @ 137mph weighing 2600lbs.

Badass! Was the block stock? cam etc?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Badass! Was the block stock? cam etc?
This was with a stock block 2009 5.7 Eagle motor with stock pistons and rods, upgraded the rings and gapped for boost along with new bearings and seals. This motor is still running after 3 years and over 40,000 street miles plus being a weekend warrior at the drag strip.

The camshaft that was in the motor when we installed the ebay turbo kit was a camshaft from MMX. Here is what the cam measures:

• .591 Lift Intake - .584 Lift Exhaust
  • Degrees duration @.050 212 Intake - 224 Exhaust

OP
OP
capt

capt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats a pretty big cam right?

OP
OP