White night edition…yah or nah?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I always thought white shows the dirt. Looks nice though when clean
Depends on the season for me. In winter, the state uses magnesium chloride on the highways as a deicer. It tends to attract moisture, which in turn attracts and captures dirt. This combined with any rubber from the road surface means my truck gets sprayed with black gunk in winter. This shows up very well on a white truck. But for the other 7 or 8 months of the year I'm dealing mostly with dust. The dust here is a light color, and the white hides this much better than darker colors. The only color better at hiding dust is silver IMO.

I like white- but I'm not partial to black wheels. I'm old- I like chrome because that was the thing when I first started driving. White is least likely to be in an accident because of the higher visibility to other drivers.
I'm old school too. Loved the chrome on my 66 Chevelle (my first car). I always kept my chrome shining too. But I'm not a fan of chrome on modern vehicles for some reason. I can't really say why, but they just look better to me with color matched bumpers, dark or black wheels, and black trim/badges, no matter what color paint it has. But I think it looks particularly good on white. And I really don't prefer chrome wheels on a pickup, especially if they're larger than say 20 inches. Maybe that will change in a few years. I remember when I didn't like wheels larger than 16 inches on a pickup LOL.

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any downside to white? Someone told me it’s a “feminine” choice. Ha. Dumb. I’ve never had a white vehicle. Thoughts?

only real question is: do YOU like it? who cares about anyone else.

if you're fishing for opinions, i do like it. at one point in my life i didn't like white (i thought it looked too much like a fleet vehicle sort of like yellow making me think hertz rental), but i feel like the black/white contrast is classic and looks sharp. it's also a modern trend, if you like being hip.

but again, who cares what i think. it's your truck. get what you like, take pride in it and ignore haters. :)

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Although my truck is black and I'm eliminating most of the chrome, white trucks that are blacked out look awesome.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Had dark, every little scratch or dirt mark was highly visible, plus the sun baked as hot as Hades.
Have two white vehicles now, love em. They look clean from a distance even when their dirty, stay cooler in the sun.
As far as masculine/feminine look, just avoid putting pink trim on the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 2

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is my 3rd white truck and can't seem to want to change.

Attachments

• IMG_5267.jpeg
    IMG_5267.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 5

IdahoRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The main drawback to white is it's one of the hardest paint colors to match for a replacement body part.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
View attachment 488495

My 17 night edition, I know it's not the newer body style, but it still sweet.
Still counts. And looks great! I don't understand why people take diagonal pics though. Makes me feel the need to tilt my head to look at it. :p

y0rascal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry my detailer took that picture right after it received its ceramic coating

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Any downside to white? Someone told me it’s a “feminine” choice. Ha. Dumb. I’ve never had a white vehicle. Thoughts?
1647306771668.png
Nah....not feminine...

Robert Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I've owned a white Chevy truck, a white Lexus SUV, a white Ford truck, and a white Ford SUV. I currently own a white Porsche with black rims, and my current truck which is a Ram 2500. Anyone who has to diss on white vehicles is insecure about their own shortcomings. They have to say mean things about others to make themselves feel better about themselves.
White vehicles are easy to keep clean and stay clean longer. They also look really nice with contrasting accents such as chrome or black bumpers or chrome or black rims or any other color rim if that's what you like.

11C08BFE-3CEE-46F9-BDA3-8AAA338B3383.jpeg

Last edited:

FasterZ Better

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my 3rd white truck and can't seem to want to change.

Attachments​

• 477912-abfdcaeb24e1e3fb3482667ff1369b7d.jpg
    IMG_5267.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 5
You saying the boat outlasted all your vehicles?

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
The one thing I’ve always noticed about ’White’ trucks or cars is you literally can accent them with any other color and visually have it stand out.

Have had a mix of Black, Silver and Blue vehicles. Black by far will show everything. White is much easier to conceal an imperfection. That being said, next time around I’ll likely get a Red or White Ram just for a change.

Plain white looks too much like a ‘Fleet’ vehicle.

Joe Merchak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I could never own a white vehicle. When I was younger I worked for a environmental company and we were assigned the standard white suburban truck, stripped with vinyl interior. I took that truck to some really nasty and horrible places. Every white vehicle reminds of work trucks, I want my car/truck enjoyable and not reminding me of work every time I drive it.

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not "feminine" that was my 2016, I have a 2018 white night edition now almost the same setup