Major lighting issue last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Last night I was coming home from dinner and was stopped at a stoplight. The person stopped behind me ran up to the truck and told me that all of the lights on the back of the truck were off. No lights at all. Luckily I was pretty close to home but as I turned into my neighborhood I noticed my headlights got dim and yellow. Essentially my headlights went out and I was running on the fogs. I'm calling the dealership tomorrow to have it checked out since its still under warranty, but has this ever happened to anyone else? Didn't get any indications on the dash that any lights were out. I checked the fuses and didn't see any bad. Weird...

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have eTorque?, I would start with checking voltage at the battery should be 12.75 vdc not running and 14.50 vdc running, I would load test the battery auto zone does it for free, if you have eTorque maybe 48 volt battery behind rear seat may be your problem, do you have any water intrusion in the rear cab area 3rd brake light or cracked slider window frame it could be leaking on the electronics back there (RF Hub, eTorque electronics), check the Generator belt off of the eTorque generator.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Do you have eTorque?, I would start with checking voltage at the battery should be 12.75 vdc not running and 14.50 vdc running, I would load test the battery auto zone does it for free, if you have eTorque maybe 48 volt battery behind rear seat may be your problem, do you have any water intrusion in the rear cab area 3rd brake light or cracked slider window frame it could be leaking on the electronics back there (RF Hub, eTorque electronics), check the Generator belt off of the eTorque generator.
Do not have etorque.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
let us know what the dealer finds
F'n dealership...can't get it in till Thursday and no service loaners. The place I bought it from couldn't get it in for two weeks! Had to call the other dealership across town.

zrock

Reaction score
FIrst thing i would do is go to your local auto parts store and have your battery and alternator tested... I would almost bet one of them has failed and the engine and computers took priority over the lights? When my battery crapped out a year ago i had no warning the truck drove normal, voltage was good, but the radio kept cutting in and out. Went shopping and came out and it was stone dead

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F'n dealership...can't get it in till Thursday and no service loaners. The place I bought it from couldn't get it in for two weeks! Had to call the other dealership across town.

well...that sucks. Hope the other dealer doesn't find gold in your truck and charge you for it

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Dropped the truck off at the dealership yesterday. Plugged in the scanner and it didn't pop any codes. Weird. Hopefully they find something today. My gut tells me they are going to call later and say they couldn't duplicate the problem.