Who else loves that they're continuing on with the Ram classic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2018NightRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I was just reading an article that's saying they're going to continue the ram classic into 2020... am I the only one that loves this? I feel like it can only help with our resale values since body style changes IMO are often what causes some of the most significant drops in value

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it's a great idea that they're doing this. Theyll still profit on the trucks even if margins are low as all the tooling have been paid for many years ago. It may cannibalize sales of the 5th gen a bit but overall more trucks sold = more profit on the backend when it's time to service.

I plan to keep my truck 15-20years so it would be nice to find parts newer than my 2017 that will fit ie. Fenders, hood, box, etc

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Some articles I read said they may even do a minor "update" to the Classic at some point. Not sure what they mean by that, but don't think it'd be much, since once sales start to decline, they'll most likely stop production.

As long as they are making money on them, it makes sense that they'd keep up production for at least a couple more years. I'm a "cutting edge" guy myself, will get a 5th gen when the time comes (probably about another 20k miles down the road, so another two years or so), but to each their own.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll take the classic any day of the week, can't digest the 19 Ramdra. Damn thing looks like a slightly redesign from a 2010 Toyota Tundra. Bravo FCA design engineers, you created a marvel looking truck, but you forgot it was a RAM and not a damn Toyota... :)

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Possible updates. ....

4th gen exterior, 5th gen interior please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have said the same thing many times. That would be the perfect truck.
Hope they don't give it the 'brow' like they put on the new HD models. Keep the crosshair grill.

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I think a 4th gen truck with the newly designed ecodiesel motor would be great!

...but then again, the look of the 5th gen is growing on me and looks quite nice leveled or lifted.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
That'd be nice...

I was starting to get used to the 5th-Gen look, though if they could blend in the 5th-Gen shape with the 4th-Gen crosshair grille and get rid of those dorky hood-badges, then it'd be almost perfect (oh, and shrink the Ram's Head on the tailgate... and completely get rid of that uber-massive "RAM" badge off the tailgate too.)

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea. I see too much Toyota in these trucks. And front just doesn’t look mean. Looks like a girl truck in a way not to be mean or rude to anyone. Lol. Just doesn’t seem manly unless you do add ons or exterior upgrades. I don’t know just hope they do something as I’ll be buying one next year if they keep the fourth gen look.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish they would do a 1500 with an OFF-ROAD pkg with as much of a difference over a reg 1500 as it was in 2000.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
1500 with manual transmission MAN ! i almost didn't buy mine because it's automatic and on top of that it has the damn knob ! Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've gone back and forth on the 2019 appearance. If I was buying a 5th gen today, I probably wouldn't really object to the look but it's just that exterior my 2018 is visually more appealing to me. So the final price and different interiors would be the deciding factor. It's the headlights on the 2019 that jump out at me as the most distracting issue. Companies have to update eventually but I'm wondering if the sales of the Classic have really made Ram think about what is being offered. If the interior size/dimensions/etc. of the 5th had been kept the same as the 4th, then those who really like to customize there trucks could put some 5th interior upgrades into the 4th gen interior.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963