Who is running King suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
They have a new rear setup since last year but it's not listed in their website. I have no idea why.

48817164117_5ec107b733_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48817078536_f812d6627c_h.jpg by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48817025546_bf0c13a170_h.jpg by RAM RSM, on Flickr

48817017991_3c7149b609_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

I have a very similar setup to dirt kings rear suspension but mine is custom. You can purchase that rear end from dirt king still you just have to email them for the pricing and what not. I have done some gnarly **** with my dirt king setup for sure

IMG_0882.jpg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a very similar setup to dirt kings rear suspension but mine is custom. You can purchase that rear end from dirt king still you just have to email them for the pricing and what not. I have done some gnarly **** with my dirt king setup for sure

View attachment 227066
Those are Michigan dunes ? where at ? that's some nice air right there :)

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes Silver lake sand dunes in michigan!
Do you have pics with your new rear setup ? I wanted to pull the trigger this year with the Dirt King LT setup. Ended buying a vehicle for the wife instead and just upgraded my rear with longer King shocks and springs. i'll rethink about the setup next year. I keep going back and forth between buying another Wrangler and make it more of a rock crawler or keep modding the truck since it's fully paid off.

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Do you have pics with your new rear setup ? I wanted to pull the trigger this year with the Dirt King LT setup. Ended buying a vehicle for the wife instead and just upgraded my rear with longer King shocks and springs. i'll rethink about the setup next year. I keep going back and forth between buying another Wrangler and make it more of a rock crawler or keep modding the truck since it's fully paid off.

here is some pics.

6B2ACAEF-3C29-44DF-A52F-5DC0989F3393.JPG

AE395B9E-6976-4159-B9D8-70E4EE208812.JPG

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_1831.JPG

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As most people on the forum know, I personally think Fox shocks are better than King.....BUT here’s a link to Carli Suspension that has a cool video that shows the King Shocks in action on a Ram 1500 https://carlisuspension.com/ram-1500-desert-time/
I think the video shows how much more performance you get out of a coil over shock versus a leveling shock that’s strictly for looks.
Also I need to give some credit to whoever is doing the writing on the Carli website. They do a good job!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I alway love how the front of our trucks looks like they are made of rubber when filmed in slow motion. A lot of body movement. S&B is working on silicone body mounts I should one of the first trucks to get them after R&D

Last edited:

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As most people on the forum know, I personally think Fox shocks are better than King.....BUT here’s a link to Carli Suspension that has a cool video that shows the King Shocks in action on a Ram 1500 https://carlisuspension.com/ram-1500-desert-time/
I think the video shows how much more performance you get out of a coil over shock versus a leveling shock that’s strictly for looks.
Also I need to give some credit to whoever is doing the writing on the Carli website. They do a good job!
Yep they're a little better OE vs OE and that's why they're a little more expensive as well.
Here is a good comparison between Fox/King 2.5 both from Accutune. in OE trims Fox have better shafts, better valve adjusters, better oil etc etc.
https://accutuneoffroad.com/fox-vs-king-oem-coilovers/

I'm way past OE internals so i don't sweat it hahaha. Even my rear shock pistons are now better than the OE's. Not cheap but yes you get what you pay for. I'll recommend anybody doing this to get your shocks built and valved from the get go, Accutune,FlithyMotorsports, Carli, Thuren etc. are all tuners and will sell you the good chit, even better if you ask for more... that's why you pay a little more compared to OE when you buy from the tuners. Don't get me wrong OE is more than OK though and you'll mop the floor with vehicles fitted with regular shocks any day of the week if you're doing what the truck in the video is doing... If you want the absolute best you gotta pay to play.

You can't go wrong with either option though. Fox will give you a little more in OE specs. I still prefer the silver and blue theme from King. It makes them stand out from the competition anywhere you go. I'm married with King for now and i'm on my 3rd set with the rears since they're custom made per my specs. OE's are 1.5" longer than stock, new ones in my case are 3" longer than stock with 1.5-2" rear lift.

Last edited: