Why am I not getting low bass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque

As you described it in your first post, yes they are. Not many amps will handle a 1 ohm load now days. Back in the day 1 ohm Sony ES, Orion HCCA's and Soundstream References would even go as low as 1/2 ohm. But power is cheap now, so no real reason for it.

Currently you're at 1 ohm that the amp sees, bridged out to subs in series the amp will essentially see a 4 ohm load, yet still make plenty of power without overheating or going into protection.

I would follow AmoAgave's configuration. Keep the amp bridged and wire your speakers in series for a 4-ohm load. Calibrate the amp with a multi-meter and you're done. On another note, it is also important match your subs cu ft. to the box you want to use for optimal performance and those subs you have show a 300w rms max rating so careful with the power!

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
His amp puts out 400w RMS x 2 ch @ 4ohm. His subs are rated at 300w RMS and are SVC 4ohm. Just wire each sub to the channel directly. Not sure why you are bridging? Or am I missing something here?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If they are SVC 4's, you should be wired for a final 2 ohm load.

2SVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, because he is bridged on a 2ch amp. Hes not using a Mono amp.

Bridged w/ the wiring diagram you have above should put him at 1ohm shouldnt it?

Regardless, the amp is putting out 400w RMSx2. You have 2 SVC subs rated at 300w RMS so there is no reason to bridge or do anything special with wiring.

ou812

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
he needs to figure out the coil configuration of the subs They're available in svc 4 or 2 ohm.. the amp is 4 ohm stable bridged not 2 ohm stable. it's rated at 1400 watts bridged at 4 ohms. the issue is that there is only 50 amps of fusing. I would be shocked if that amp does 600 watts in reality. If you have svc 4 ohm subs you can only wire them to 2 ohms or 8 ohms. If you have the svc 2 ohm subs you can wire them to 4 ohms or 1 ohm. You want 4 ohms to run the amp bridged.

You might not be getting a full range signal but I am curious how you have the crossover switch set on the amp. It should be set to low pass and adjust the low pass frequency to match your front stage. If you're still not hitting the low notes then you don't have a full range signal.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 2 negatives and 2 positives are just for wiring purposes. You have SVC provided they are that part number.

Again, wire each sub to each channel and see what happens from there.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP did you get that exact amp also?

what amp do you have?

if its not a mono amp and you have 2 4ohm subs and you have it bridged so the amp is seeing 2 ohms the amp will still play but it will clip out since the impedance is too low.

if that is the setup you have you need to run it stereo which is still plenty of power for those subs. that amp is rated at 400 x 2 @ 4 ohms (stereo)

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Like the lows are not loud at all, and my buddy has the same box with different subs and amp and it hits lows amazingly.

Assuming you have all the wiring figured out. Ask your buddy to throw his box into your truck with his different subs. See if the lows magically appear....if so problem solved.....

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
Alright and yes I got that same amp a 2 channel one

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in that case are you running it stereo or bridged? those subs cant be ran on that amp in bridged mode. must be stereo. for a "store" putting a package together like that they should have paired them with 8ohm subs so you can bridge it and its a 4ohm load.

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
Yea, idk why they did that, so to get the most out of them just wire them stereo?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No, you really need a 2 ohm stable mono amp.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, idk why they did that, so to get the most out of them just wire them stereo?

because they get a hell of a deal from the manufacturer on old equipment so they sell what they can

OP
OP
austin

austin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Flex Fuel
Finally got around to rewiring them. I have them wired to where each sub is on its own channel; they sound about the same. The problem is when I try to turn them up, they seem to bottom out, maybe the problem is the box may have too much airspace. Otherwise, maybe the size of the port is too large, or either I need to tune my amp with the voltmeter. Also, as ou812 mentioned, there is a possibility that I may not be getting a full range to the subs since I am using a line out converter that's pulling from my rear door speakers. I just need a good day to tweak with everything; It's possible that I just need to adjust the gains on the LOC

Squidbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, because he is bridged on a 2ch amp. Hes not using a Mono amp.

Bridged w/ the wiring diagram you have above should put him at 1ohm shouldnt it?

Regardless, the amp is putting out 400w RMSx2. You have 2 SVC subs rated at 300w RMS so there is no reason to bridge or do anything special with wiring.

He has two 4 ohm speakers in parallel. Two equal resistances in parallel will become half the resistance. In this case that would be 2 ohms. Bonus: It would take 4 speakers @ 4ohms wired in parallel to equal 1 ohm

It doesn't mater whether or not both speakers in parallel are wired bridged or to a single channel as far as ohms go. It would still be 2 ohms. Bridging increases the power output of the amp

Speakers wired in series will add their resistances. Series 4 ohm + 4ohm = 8 ohm

Here are some of the wiring option based on his amp specs (note: I'm not listing every possible wiring combo)
1. One 4ohm speaker-wired bridged to amp (=4ohm load)
2. Two 2ohm speakers wired in series-wired bridged to amp (=4ohm load)
3. Two 8ohm speakers wired in parallel-wired bridged to amp (=4ohm load)
4. Two 4ohm speakers wired individually to each channel or Two 2ohm speakers wired individually to each channel
5. Other possible options include 4+ speaker setups, or two speakers on an individual channel. Requirements dependent on sufficient power and ohm load.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441