Why bother with Meguires Quick detailer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I usually dust my truck every couple of days.
Where there is Bird poop, or other things on the finish, I usually use a shot of Quick Wax spray to remove it.

Mequires also sells Quick Detailer which is also a spray.
My thought is that wax would be better then the detailer (not sure if that is a wax).

Can anyone tell me if this is bad, and if using the Quick Detailer would be better?

Thanks,

Dan

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My thoughts, the detailer spray is designed to lift and isolate contaminants from the painted surface.

Spray wax is just that, spray wax.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have used Mothers Showtime spray detailer on my trucks for years now. It is a great way to keep a waxed like finish on your paint for months after a real wax job. The spray wax works nice as well, but I find that the detailer wipes off easier and looks just as nice when finished.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
x2 on the Mothers Showtime! Great stuff. My grandpa turned me onto it a few years ago and I always keep a bottle behind the seat of my truck now.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
quick detailer removes light dust/contaminates, quick wax as stated, is a light wax to fill-in or touch up between real waxes. On the other hand it would also help seal any contaminates in your clearcoat (not good). I've found their quick detailer is excellent for use with a clay bar, it's actually included with their clay kit.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
quick detailer for quick wipes, quick wax for a quick wax!

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I use that Meguiars quick detailer. it works really well. After i wash my truck i do a quick pass with a microfiber cloth to get as much water off as i can.
then i go around it with my air compressor to blow out any water in the grooves of the mirrors and doors/handles (which there always is).

after that is when i hit it with detailer, gets rid of those excess water marks and leaves a nice deep shine, and smooth to the touch (almost wax like). It just makes finishing off a wash easier.

been working great for me.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I use that Meguiars quick detailer. it works really well. After i wash my truck i do a quick pass with a microfiber cloth to get as much water off as i can.
then i go around it with my air compressor to blow out any water in the grooves of the mirrors and doors/handles (which there always is).

after that is when i hit it with detailer, gets rid of those excess water marks and leaves a nice deep shine, and smooth to the touch (almost wax like). It just makes finishing off a wash easier.

been working great for me.

That's what I forgot to put in my post! Since the last few cars have been light colored, I forgot about water spots! QD is very good for those too, thanks!

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Guys....I do have some Quick Detailer from a clay bar kit.
So I will start using that for the touch-ups instead of Quick Wax.
And I like the suggestion of keeping a bottle behind the seat....will do....

I did not think about the wax sealing in contaminants....very good point.

Regards,

Dan

PSYS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM SPORT REG CAB 4X4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
+1 to what everyone else said.

Provided you've given the truck a good solid coat of wax, the Quik Detailer is a nice way to give it a quick deep shine rather than breaking out the wax again. I don't believe it is meant to be used as a wax product, but rather a supplemental product to help keep the shine of the paintjob without having to spend an entire day elbow deep in carnauba. ;)

My two pennies.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Where there is Bird poop, or other things on the finish, I usually use a shot of Quick Wax spray to remove it.

My thought is that wax would be better then the detailer (not sure if that is a wax).

Can anyone tell me if this is bad, and if using the Quick Detailer would be better?

Thanks,

Dan

Naturally you want to get that bird poop off ASAP. When I pull into my shop and see any, I break out my bird poop Micro/Fiber towel and some warm to hot water. Soak just a little water into a small section of the M/F towel and put it on the poop, let it sit for a couple of seconds and it wipes right off. You can't even tell it was on your shine.

When traveling I always carry a bottle of water and my special M/F BP towel. When it gets dirty enough I just wash it and go back to using it as a poop remover.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Naturally you want to get that bird poop off ASAP. When I pull into my shop and see any, I break out my bird poop Micro/Fiber towel and some warm to hot water. Soak just a little water into a small section of the M/F towel and put it on the poop, let it sit for a couple of seconds and it wipes right off. You can't even tell it was on your shine.

^^That's how it done bro. :cheers:
I love Zaino's quick detail spray. (Not only does it smell so damn delicious, it work killer too.) It's great for doing the truck after the truck sits in a "light rain" after being washed and sitting. It works great for also getting dust and pollen off without washing the vehicle completely.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
^^That's how it done bro. :cheers:
I love Zaino's quick detail spray. (Not only does it smell so damn delicious, it work killer too.) It's great for doing the truck after the truck sits in a "light rain" after being washed and sitting. It works great for also getting dust and pollen off without washing the vehicle completely.

Nothing wrong with Zaino's spray. However, for about the last 10 years, I've been using Adam's products. Their Detail Spray works just like Zaino's.

Yea, thoroughly detail an entire truck, taking two days, drive it six blocks and it's covered in dust. That's why I also carry the detail spray.

Bugs are another big problem. When Adam's came out with his Quick Sealant, it's great, after you wash your vehicle, to spray one to two coats of it all over the front end of the truck or car, even on the hood. Let it sit for a minute, wipe off with a M/F towel and you not only has a great shine, when you go to wipe/wash the bugs off, for the most part, they just blow off with a water hose.

While also traveling, I have two or three cans of that product with me. Stop at a motel for the night, I take one of the plastic ice holders from the room, put warm water in it, and again a M/F towel and wipe the bugs right off. Then I put two more coats on and head on down the road until I stop at the next motel.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ That's how I use Mother's instant detailer. Smells like cinnamon, puts a nice shine over a good wax job. I just treat it like liquid wax and it keeps the wax intervals nice and long, with bugs and crap easy to remove.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
^ That's how I use Mother's instant detailer. Smells like cinnamon, puts a nice shine over a good wax job. I just treat it like liquid wax and it keeps the wax intervals nice and long, with bugs and crap easy to remove.

I haven't used to many products from Mother's. Not saying they are not on par with other detailing produts, it's just that I have gallons upon gallons of Adam's products and their towels and brushes, etc.

If you have heard of or used Adam's Detail Spray, is Mother's instant detailer like that? If so then you can't go wrong.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the only product I have used and found to do what it states it will do is Adam's Quick Sealant ~ that product will really "slide" bugs off without making any swirls, etc. And as I said, let it dry for 60 seconds, wipe with M/F towel and instant shine.

This product from Mother's ~ so to remove bugs easy, do you just spray it on like a liquid wax, let dry and then wash the bugs off? The reason I ask is I have never used any product other than Quick Sealant where you have to use a water hose to get bugs off.

When I had my second 1500, I made a huge huge mistake. Came from out of town one night and traveled through swarms of bugs. Got home around 3:30 A.M. To tired to spray the bugs off. Next day I had to take the Jeep in for some work and then day after that something else came up. Long story short, it was quite a few days before I had a chance to clean all the bugs off. They had dried on all the chrome on the Grille and some on the hood. I soaked them suckers with numerous products, not wanting to scratch the chrome or paint.

After two days went by and working on them for a few hours a day, I got them all off. A lesson learned the hard way.

An interesting thing my friend tried. He owned a 2006 Dodge. Not the best of shape but the paint was still fairly good. He wanted to try something he had never done before, that being, letting the bugs remain on the entire front end of the truck and hood. Wanted to see how long it would take for the bugs to start rotting away and doing damage to the chrome/paint. He left them on for about half the summer and by doing that, collected more.

We both know what dried bugs can do to a clear coat. However, when he decided the bugs had been on long enough, it took him a couple of weeks to get them all off. This is the weird part. There was absolutely no damage to the chrome or the paint other than where he was pressing down to hard with a foam pad and M/Fiber towels. So the moral of the story is ~ some bugs apparently can damage a vehicle in short order and others a lot longer and then some do no damage at all.

Regardless, I am not about to let them stay on more than a day at the most.

Just a quick P.S. A friend of mine who has been detailing more years than I've been alive makes some video's for certain products from different companies and puts them on YouTube. He told me to never buy any products from Wal-Mart or any auto parts stores. Said that those were basically "left over seconds" from the manufacture. Told me to always order from an online company in order to get the "good stuff."

Additionally, different detailing companies sell a liquid detail spray or other products. Then you can go to another company and buy what they are selling with basically the same name, just worded differently. My point is a lot of detailing products are made by the same manufacture but the name that goes on the labels are just different.

Finally, I'm sure you have seen "Black Wax" for black cars being sold. If wax could talk, do you think it would tell you that it is ONLY for black vehicles? I used black wax on my white Rubicon and got a great shine and there was "no" black wax showing. Little tricks of the trade that a lot of guys never give a second thought to it.

Most expensive wax I've seen is made in Japan and was made by a request from a guy who lived to buy the best and most expensive vehicles made by man. He wanted a wax that was superior to any. Well a can of that, last time I checked was $895.00. Go figure lol

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks,

Dan

I use Meguiars detail spray all the time. It is used for in between waxing. Keeps the shine and also beads water. I still wax my truck once every couple of months. Great product IMO.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I use the quick detailer as well... as a after wash to get rid of water spots, in between wash to get rid of bird poop or whatever else, and lube for claybar... works great!

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I use it as well, a least once a week.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing wrong with Zaino's spray. However, for about the last 10 years, I've been using Adam's products. Their Detail Spray works just like Zaino's.

Yes sir.
If I wasn't using Zaino products,.....I'd be using Adam's for sure.