Wierd Electrical Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sideswipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was driving my truck and had to slam on the brakes. My hockey stuff hit the dash about my aftermarket radio, and the door panel. The face of the radio fell off but afterward when the face got put back nothing electrical worked right. When I open the door the dome light doesn't come on, and the remote keyless entry doesn't work either. Not even the head lights work. The only way that the power windows and locks work is when the key is in and set to accessories or the vehicle is running. The radio/cd player never worked again.
Anyone have any ideas? I checked the fuses under the hood and nothing seems to be blown.

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
Sound like something came loose somewhere. Radio might have a fuse in it that blew. Is it a after market remote? Check the fuses inside the truck.

OP
OP
sideswipe

sideswipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I did indeed check the fuse in the back of the radio itself and it looked good. Not sure what to look at now...
Thanks for the response.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Did some of the impacts knock loose an electrical connection?

ramfanatic

Banned
Reaction score
sounds like the impact fried the radio which could of caused other problems try taking the radio out and see if it fixes the problems