Wierd Volume Issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Savfil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 - SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I was gone to work for the last week, and before I left everything was working as it should, including the steering wheel controls. I got in my truck today to discover that the SWC's didn't work right... I hit volume up, and it didn't stop going up!! It damn near blew my speakers (and my heart almost blew up). I shut off the HU, restarted my truck, and then the wheel controls didn't work at all... but the radio volume was fine. What I'm wondering is what this could be caused by, the SW interface (PAC), or the radio. Has anyone else had an issue with this? :think:

OP
OP
Savfil

Savfil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 - SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Update: I ripped the whole dash apart to see what was up, check for wiring issues, etc. but found none. I am thinking that it is the R4-Ch11 module itself. I hit the steering wheel button, and it lags for a few seconds and then its like it's stuck and it continues the command for a moment, whether it is vol + or -, change track, station, etc. The little LED on the interface module blinks rapidly also. I tried the reset method according to PAC instructions, but did nothing. I undid the battery for about 2 hours. Nothing. I'm super confused, but I'm thinking that by replacing the PAC module, I should be back in business... hopefully I don't have to fork out another 100 bucks or whatever for one though.

Edit: In case anyone was wondering what the inside of these lil' buggers look like.

Attachments

• 20130512_110712.jpg
    20130512_110712.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited: