Wild Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Lol you may be right about the reservoir, because I looked at the vaccum lines off the firewall and they look fine. But then again, I can still here a leak somewhere in there when I hit the gas. So I wonder if thats the one? It seems like it's on the drivers side.

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Nope, idk what it could be. I've checked every vaccum line that I could think of and they all look fine. I don't get it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Magnum 239
I've been having this problem as well. I replaced all the check valves, even made sure they were flowing the right way too, and yet still no luck. My only guess is vacuum leak sadly :( bummer.
I have notice on a cold start I can hear a hissing sound coming from the dash vicinity. Could that be a leak I hear or something else?

2000ramnky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.8 V6
Okay, I found the valves in question near the intake. One of the tiny tubes was also broken (I might have done this when I pulled on it to look a it.) So I wrapped the tube with electrical tape and went to my local Dodge dealer. Valves are discontinued, I was told. The counter guy knew what I was talking about, but said that the valves have been discontinued by the factory. Called a few other dealers, no luck. He said he would check around, but I am not holding out for much hope. Left there and swung into my local Advanced Auto parts store. They dont have anything like that, and never heard of it at first. They didnt even have anything generic. So guys, what am I to do? Does anyone out there have a manufacturer and part number of one that will work (and about 12" of tiny hose?)

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me get in on this before you write us off i got some time off (just had surgery) 2000 v6 3.8?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My son has a friend who has one sitting around might be able to hook you up sir

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, this forum sux.

First off you simply replied to a 2 year old post. If you have a problem, even a problem someone else has had, start a new post please.

If you still do not get a problem resolved, blasting the forum is certainly not going to serve up helpful posts.

In my humble opinion, learn from the guys here, ask questions properly, realize that this is not a quick fix program, or get the **** out... :ban:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
One check valve part number is 04549209 $10 the other one is 04677204 $14.

Edit: Just checked with the Dodge parts depot both are available and they have stock.

Last edited:

2000ramnky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.8 V6
First off you simply replied to a 2 year old post. If you have a problem, even a problem someone else has had, start a new post please.

If you still do not get a problem resolved, blasting the forum is certainly not going to serve up helpful posts.

In my humble opinion, learn from the guys here, ask questions properly, realize that this is not a quick fix program, or get the **** out... :ban:

Yes, I replied to an older post (which bumped it back to the top.) I did start a new post. About three weeks ago, "The Air is on the Move" was started by me as I didn't know what was going on. This was before I had found out that this was a recurring issue. MERC225hp was the person who immediately responded to that post and referred me to this one. I read this thread and educated myself to this issue. Not only was I not getting my problem resolved, but I was getting no answers/feedback/comments...and was still dealing with this frustrating issue, of which has gotten worse. I was never looking for an immediate reply, but I didn't figure it would be multiple weeks though either. I turned to the guys here, to ask questions, and listen to responses as I recognize that many on here are a lot smarter than I am. So I apologize to you sir, if my ******* frustration bothered you. I feel like I am getting the run around from my local Dodge dealer, and my local part houses. When I turned to the forum, I was getting nowhere again. As of this morning, the air will ONLY come out of the defroster, no matter what position the selector is in.

I apologize to any on here that I have truely offended. I was just looking for directions to a frustrating issue with my Ram.:redxhitrf7:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I am not to sure why the parts guys could not find these, makes no sense. If you still can't get them for some crazy reason I have the one big check valve here you can have.

There was/is also an issue with the heater/AC blend door, see link below.

Dodge Ram '95-'02 - '95 - '02 - Ram - Dodge

2000ramnky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.8 V6
Partial success. I found the heather/AC blend door actuator. I removed it and the door is able to manually be changed. I pushed in the actuator arm and held my finger over the vacuum inlet, the arm didn't move, telling me the seal inside might still be good, right? For now, I kept the actuator out and put a rubber band on the blend door arm just to keep the AC coming out the vents, for now. It is crazy how much of a vacuum leak I can hear.
Does anyone know if there is a vacuum diagram somewhere showing where all the vacuum lines are routing???

916king916

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
Im having a similar problem. Air only blows from floor vents no matter the position. But it doesnt blow hot or cold just ambient air temperature... any ideas??? No vacuum leaks found, will check valves cause this? Or is this more of a blend door issue?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk