window cleaning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess this is the area to ask this question: what is the best window cleaner that will NOT leave streaks? I've tried store bought stuff and i've mixed a drop of dawn with water and vinegar, which seems to work best. I tried wiping it dry with both terry cloths and lint free paper cloths. Still get those damn streaks/haze. I then tried just water with vinegar.

I don't do them in the sun or when the glass is hot. All the windows are tinted except for the windshield..which is where i get streaks. I just spent two hours trying things and just when i thought they looked great, i pull it outside and....ARGH!!

So, since this is part of detailing, any suggestions?

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’ve always had pretty good luck with Stoner’s, invisible glass. Stubborn film can take a couple treatments however.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Koch Chemie GC is the best stuff out there. You do have to make sure you have a good waffle towel. It is like night and day. When you do accidentally miss something, it will stand out, even in the dark.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
5% acid vinegar in hot water (good ratio of vinegar to water)
Clean microfiber rag soaked and wrung out
Wipe well whole rag is hot/warm
Use fresh microfiber rag to wipe/buff dry and streak free

I also use a commercial grade glass cleaner from DOW that has ammonia in it.
Works wonders and leaves zero streaks.

Threesuns1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5% acid vinegar in hot water (good ratio of vinegar to water)
Clean microfiber rag soaked and wrung out
Wipe well whole rag is hot/warm
Use fresh microfiber rag to wipe/buff dry and streak free

I also use a commercial grade glass cleaner from DOW that has ammonia in it.
Works wonders and leaves zero streaks.
Is it ok to use glass cleaners with ammonia in them on tinted windows?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Not really as it dries it out and can cause tint issues.
I use it primarily on my front windshield and on all the outside glass.
I use the vinegar and hot water with microfiber rags on my interior tinted glass.

OP
OP
M

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not really as it dries it out and can cause tint issues.
I use it primarily on my front windshield and on all the outside glass.
I use the vinegar and hot water with microfiber rags on my interior tinted glass.

i just wanted the windshield to be clean. The tinted windows are all factory tint, except for the driver and passenger fronts. I had them done with ceramic tint. I just use water on them.

I'll try the suggestions given. thanks all!!

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
invisible glass.if you have hard water,wipe it with a melamine sponge.eats waterspots and zero streaks.i use it on my shower doors and nothing else comes close.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have tried several companies 'Invisable Glass" , also Home Made cleaner.

I was shopping one day & i was drawn to a product called CINCH
I went home & tried it out, now i use it in my bathroom, garage, & carry it in my Ram.
I was at my Optometrists & his closet door was open & i spotted a jug of it, i asked him about it & he said he used it on most eye wear. I did not ask him about colored glasses

CINCH is a product of **** & Span

product ingredients:

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I use the liquid car wax/detailer. Being a smoker and a dog nose art gallery owner, it not only cleans great, but makes it nothing to reclean when needed. AND makes the tint slick when rolling down.

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's the film you have to remove and it likely needs cleaned a couple of times. Get some Sprayway glass cleaner and microfiber glass towels. The 1st time you clean it, it doesn't really matter which towel you use because you have to remove the nastiness. Make sure to use a microfiber glass towel to clean the windshield and then a dry one to remove any moisture and to make sure you have a clear glass.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's the film you have to remove and it likely needs cleaned a couple of times. Get some Sprayway glass cleaner and microfiber glass towels. The 1st time you clean it, it doesn't really matter which towel you use because you have to remove the nastiness. Make sure to use a microfiber glass towel to clean the windshield and then a dry one to remove any moisture and to make sure you have a clear glass.
This is why I suggest Koch Chemie GC. It cuts right through even the toughest of films.

ts27330

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6
they actually have a product called glass stripper,so yes,it will.and,gross.
Have your tried to wipe using crumpled newspaper? I do using most any window cleaner (in my garage) and no streaks.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I use a damp magic eraser first, then glass cleaner with a microfiber towel, then dry wipe with a clean microfiber.

johnhenryculver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I guess this is the area to ask this question: what is the best window cleaner that will NOT leave streaks? I've tried store bought stuff and i've mixed a drop of dawn with water and vinegar, which seems to work best. I tried wiping it dry with both terry cloths and lint free paper cloths. Still get those damn streaks/haze. I then tried just water with vinegar.

I don't do them in the sun or when the glass is hot. All the windows are tinted except for the windshield..which is where i get streaks. I just spent two hours trying things and just when i thought they looked great, i pull it outside and....ARGH!!

So, since this is part of detailing, any suggestions?
Here is the trick. After you spray on window cleaner( i use Invisible glass) and you wipe it dry with a towel, next use a dry towel and go over the window again polishing off the streaks. That's it . The secret is the dry towel removes the streaks.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use a damp magic eraser first, then glass cleaner with a microfiber towel, then dry wipe with a clean microfiber.
Have never tried that, but magic erasers are great. I will definitely give this a shot!!

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the trick. After you spray on window cleaner( i use Invisible glass) and you wipe it dry with a towel, next use a dry towel and go over the window again polishing off the streaks. That's it . The secret is the dry towel removes the streaks.
This is it right here. Everyone thinks cleaning glass is a one step process. You need to Polish with a separate, clean dry cloth after you wash it.

I use invisible glass + microfiber, then hit again with a clean microfiber to polish it. Zero streaks.

Ramfanski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I do the magic eraser and then a window cleaner with waffle microfiber towels. Finish with a dry one. Then with the dry towel, apply Adam’s brilliant glaze very sparingly. Buff off with another clean microfiber.

It will stay clean longer and for about 6 months you can just wipe your windows down with a clean waffle weave to get sparkling clean interior windows.