window solar vent things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any experience with these things? (like: https://www.amazon.com/Ventilation-Cooler-Powered-Dual-Mode-Exhaust/dp/B07XZ3L63P. Not saying that exact unit, but one like it.) Would like to find some way to help circulate some of the broiling carolina (Ambient can be 90, truck is more 130+, so even outside air would be better than nothing) air when the truck is parked, that doesn't mean I need to bug bomb the truck (I have the WeatherTech in channel rain guard things [not sure they do much to help cool the truck down ever], and the WeatherTech 6 piece shade kit, which helps, but...) Ideally it would either go in the factory rear window slider, or the sun roof (I don't use the sun roof, and the slider I rarely use, plus I don't use the rear window shade unless I'm expecting the truck to sit for DAYS, as it's a bit more annoying to use, and doesn't cover as much.

I don't want to spend a fortune, but if it makes a noticeable impact to the temp, I'm buying at least 2 (one for the ram, one for the wife's RAV4.)

I have a Crew Cab Rebel, so either back window would be easy to "set and forget", as it would only really affect the boys when they are in the back seat, and that isn't even 50% of my driving usually. Plus it looks like most of them have on/off switches now, so I could turn it off when I load them up, and turn it on when I unload them. One is in a car seat, and the other is due in September. Which is another reason I care, is so they don't get flambed sitting in the back seat before the AC does it's job.

I'd really love to use like a legit window unit, but I don't think I'm going to get one of those running off solar alone, and one of the main times for it is when the truck is parked at work...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put a sun shade in my front window. All 6 of my windows are tinted. 50% ceramic all the way around. Planning on swapping to 30% ceramic on the doors and rear window at some point. I use the in channel vents and leave my windows cracked generally. South Florida has been ambient in the 90s with the heat index reaching up into the 100s. I do use the global windows down and remote start the truck on exceptionally hot days.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat