Window trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luvrboy24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Got a 2000 Ram SLT and the driver side window switch doesn’t work but the master switch on the driver door for the passenger window and the door lock works..any idea why the driver window switch isn’t working but all the others do????

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Each position on that multi-switch has it's own set of contacts.

Since the driver's door window window switch probably gets used the most it's probably wore out.

I don't think you can replace just the one switch. You could pull it out and clean it to see if it works.

OP
OP
L

luvrboy24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8
Each position on that multi-switch has it's own set of contacts.

Since the driver's door window window switch probably gets used the most it's probably wore out.

I don't think you can replace just the one switch. You could pull it out and clean it to see if it works.
I actually just found the culprit the drivers window switch is worn out just like you said because there are some tabs on the motherboard that are supposed to come in contact with the levers or whatever to roll it up and down and they are broke so the switch is bad