Window Up/Down Feature Irritation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
When my automatic window up/down feature stopped working I easily found the solution in these forums.

My issue now is that I have to reset the auto up/down feature about 10 times or more per month? I’ve even had to do it more than one time in a single day.

Is anyone else having to repeat this process multiple times per month?

Any ideas on why it happens so frequently?

Any ideas on how to fix the issue permanently?

2018 Ram 2500 SLT w/Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
You are probably causing it without knowing you are .... I know I do lol .

If you double click the rocker to go down or up it throws it off wack lol .. I do that all the time myself too ... Just make sure tap it once up or down, a rapid double or triple tap seems to screw it up right away, but most of the time now it resets the next time I start the truck up ...

OP
OP
R

Robert Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You are probably causing it without knowing you are .... I know I do lol .

If you double click the rocker to go down or up it throws it off wack lol .. I do that all the time myself too ... Just make sure tap it once up or down, a rapid double or triple tap seems to screw it up right away, but most of the time now it resets the next time I start the truck up ...
That’s probably what it is because it happens when my finger slips off. I can’t believe something as simple and innocent as that can cause it to stop working. What a pain in the ****.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
That’s probably what it is because it happens when my finger slips off. I can’t believe something as simple and innocent as that can cause it to stop working. What a pain in the ****.
Lol right ? ... No lie Man , I do this sometimes 3 times a week and I am like SOB ! lol ... There is a setting using ALFAOBD that you can disable the auto up and down but I never really bothered with it ... but yeah lol ticks me off lol

OP
OP
R

Robert Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Lol right ? ... No lie Man , I do this sometimes 3 times a week and I am like SOB ! lol ... There is a setting using ALFAOBD that you can disable the auto up and down but I never really bothered with it ... but yeah lol ticks me off lol
It's been so long since I have had a car w/o auto up/down I find it irritating when it doesn't work. No other vehicle I have owned with the auto up/down feature has this "quirk" so it seems to be a Ram only issue. Probably costs $.005 to do without that problem and the bean counters probably nixed it.