Windshield washer fluid in my coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okanee69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lent my cousin my truck and the ******* put windshield washer fluid in my coolant over flow bottle I already drove it 700 miles is my truck going to die?

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Probably not, but I would go to the dealer and do a flush and fill, and make the idiot pay the bill, or inflect copius amounts of pain upon him! And I don't loan out my truck

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
How much, a pint or a gallon. A pint I wouldn't worry about it at all. It's just deionized water and alcohol.
If he dumped a gallon in , well you got other problems and will be swapping out the leaking part anyway so you can drain/refill with coolant when you make the repair.

OP
OP
O

Okanee69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm from Canada lol it was a 3.78 liter bottle but about half of that

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Lots of guys have done this. It is no big deal. At most, take a turkey baster and empty the overflow if it makes you feel better but like 18crew says it is just water and a bit of alcohol and the amount he could add isn't likely to change the freeze point much though it wouldn'thurt to check it.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lent my cousin my truck and the ******* put windshield washer fluid in my coolant over flow bottle I already drove it 700 miles is my truck going to die?
Lots of guys have done this. It is no big deal. At most, take a turkey baster and empty the overflow if it makes you feel better but like 18crew says it is just water and a bit of alcohol and the amount he could add isn't likely to change the freeze point much though it wouldn'thurt to check it.
DAMN I would be pissed!

Dean nailed imo though. If it was my truck I think I might do a full coolant drain and refill though just to be safe. And definitely make your cousin pay for that expensive mopar coolant!

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I'm from Canada lol it was a 3.78 liter bottle but about half of that
Sorry I couldn't tell by the accent.
That's basically 1 gallon in the resevoir. I'd drain the resevoir and refill with fresh premix.
You should be able to pull the overflow hose off and suck the resevoir empty with a shop vac. If you don't have shop-vac get that dumb ash cousin to suck it out.

Last edited:

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 1st thought by the title was oh no not another one! This happens all the time. Me personally I would just drain the overflow, fill er up with the right stuff and never loan out my truck again.
Or is this one of those 'asking for a friend' things? :p