Winterizing your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about 2 quarter kegs in a Bathtub with a bunch of ice, on tap, 4 people, roflmao...

The Colt 45 stuff was the portable version, in the woods listening to Paul McCartney and Wings, lmao (Drink to me).

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
No joke hold the coke, jack daniels will lower the wiper fluid cold temperature operation, plus it will really mess with the cops head if you are ever pulled over and you use it when he is near the window. I am perfectly fine occifer...
Funny you say alcohol in the washer fluid...
My dad used to fill his washer fluid reservoir with alcohol and ran the hoses under his dash so he could fill his cup up while driving all over British Columbia with me in my Momma...lol

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
for winter I break out my long sleeve shirt. my George Dickel is all season.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i returned to San Diego in late 1967
It seemed to me that many people in their 20s, were drinking

MD 20/20 has an alcohol content that varies by flavor from 13% to 18%. Originally, 20/20 stood for 20 oz at 20% alcohol. Yes one bottle would get one average person quite drunk.

Loganberry & Thunderbird

Thunderbird wines were soon publicly categorized as gas station-worthy wines — cheap and boozy but not exactly high quality.

loganberry wine gained popularity in the 1950s and 1960's, although it was never a “high class” wine.

I never drank wine & i never will.
My story :
I never talked to this person as a young teenager, but i was with my Grandfather who was talking to him.
This man was at least millionaire, maybe several times over.
His money was rationed to him, an Executor at the Bank paid for a room above a bar, but this guy slept mostly under the, docks at the Freight Train Station, all the bums slept there.
This guys food was paid for, where ever he decided to eat.
Any suits that were bought for him, he sold & bought wine.
All he had to do was live a upstanding life & quit drinking wine & he could control his own wealth.
He stayed a wino, for as long as i lived in Connecticut, so i don't know what happened to him.
He preferred his wine to being wealthy, when i saw that, i decided to stay away from wine.
I drank cheap beer back in the late 60s, how about some
Buckhorn

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lol,not trying to ruffle feathers,but remember when we were young and got blackout drunk,the usual culprits were jack daniels,silent sam,lemon hart and fireball
LOL till this day I won’t drink Southern Comfort and it’s been over 40 years since I lost my lunch from my own stupidity and that nasty stuff.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seriously guys why hasn’t someone mentioned draining the oil in the transmission and engine and putting the 50-50 oil- antifreeze mixture in for winter.
I run that year round. I don't usually put enough milage on my truck to do an oil change every 6 months, and it can snow just about any day of the year.