Wiper arm recall - 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nathan_h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
This appears to be recall 22V-035 right?

From reading the description, the fix is to increase the torque on a particular joint on the wiper blade mounts, right?

Since getting to my dealer for even a minor issue is expensive in my world for even something that is "free" since it means eating up most of a vacation day, I'd really rather do this repair myself, if it is possible.

Has anyone does this? In other words, which nuts and what is the required torque?

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 9.04.26 AM.png

OP
OP
Scottly

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
I think they replace the nuts with the correct locknut.

nathan_h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I think they replace the nuts with the correct locknut.
Hmmmm... That makes sense.

Is there a way for me to lookup that locknut spec? I'm guessing maybe even the service manual would have the wrong one listed still?

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
I had this done on 3/17, brace yourself for the amount of work and parts needed; here's the paperwork details:

Safety Recall Z08 - Windshield Wipers (Recall Customer Satisfaction Notification 1)
Z08
TORQUED WIPER ARM NUTS PER RECALL

JOB # 3 TOTAL LABOR & PARTS 0.00

nathan_h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I had this done on 3/17, brace yourself for the amount of work and parts needed; here's the paperwork details:

Safety Recall Z08 - Windshield Wipers (Recall Customer Satisfaction Notification 1)
Z08
TORQUED WIPER ARM NUTS PER RECALL

JOB # 3 TOTAL LABOR & PARTS 0.00
LOL.

Yeah, this is why I am hoping I can DIY it since spending a vacation day to get the dealer for this is a bit of waste.

Wyo72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just had mine done yesterday at the dealer. Repair notes say "tech rotated nuts 90 degrees, no further action needed at this time"

nathan_h

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Just had mine done yesterday at the dealer. Repair notes say "tech rotated nuts 90 degrees, no further action needed at this time"

Not even new parts. Fascinating.

Guess I shouldnt go tightening things without know which nuts, and how tight it should be. But I may have to take a look and see if its obvious.

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
LOL.

Yeah, this is why I am hoping I can DIY it since spending a vacation day to get the dealer for this is a bit of waste.
Agreed; If I wasn't going in to have the suspension checked before the 3/36 warranty ran out I would have waited for another reason to visit. I did get a sweet minivan for a day though, so it was worth it ;)

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's the nut that holds the arm to the spline drive, you have to remove the black plastic cap, it's a 15mm hex head a wrench wouldn't fit I had to use a 15mm socket, mine was so tight it wouldn't budge I left it alone so much for the 90 degree rotate.