Won't start, fuse blows, no buss?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeconnie67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck has blown two solenoid starter fuses in the past few days when I have attempted to crank it. The mileage reads no buss and the engine won't turn or make any noise at all. Gauges not working, ABS and airbag lights come on, if I tap interior fuse box sometimes gauges start working again. I haven't done anything unusual or been driving much, this just happens for seemingly no reason. I started it and drove across the road to the neighbors and then it wouldn't start to drive back to my yard. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have owned many Dodges and never had this issue.

Micchi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
Any wires rub through or come loose? If the gauges start working when you tap the fuse box I'd start looking around there to see if something is loose.

OP
OP
J

joeconnie67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I thought I had it figured out. I cleaned where the harness hooks into the hook-up for the main fuse box and reconnected everything and it seemed fine. then today, I blow another fuse. I'm thinking it could be a short somewhere, I just don't know what could be shorting out? Anyone have any ideas?

OP
OP
J

joeconnie67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually, the gauges going out and fuse blowing don't seem to be related. My fault for including an unrelated issue. Basically, the solenoid starter fuse is blowing for no reason.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had the no bus issue with no gauges, was as simple as cleaning a few grounds and tightening the bolt closest to the motor in the power distribution center.